Wind Industry Installs 1,400 MW In Q3
The U.S. wind energy industry installed 1,389 megawatts in the third quarter, bringing to 4,204 MW the total of wind power projects completed in what is expected to be another record year, according to the American Wind Energy Association (PDF).
With even more reported under construction, the industry is on track to surpass 2007, when 5,249 MW were installed, with a total of about 7,500 MW this year (7,500 MW would generate enough electricity to power the equivalent of about 2.2 million homes).
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Chicago Archdiocese to Energy Benchmark 2,700 Buildings
- IBM Tests Heat-Pump Cooling of Data Centers
- Bosch, Toyota Join CalCharge Energy Storage Effort
- CHP Projects Increase in the UK
- Building Retrofitted with Air-Duct Delivery System for Roof-top Units
- Refurbished Air Coils Save Energy for Four Seasons Hotel
- Trane Expands Series of Cold Generator Scroll Chillers
- Cooling System Eliminates Chemicals by ‘Pulsing’ the Water