Wind Industry Installs 1,400 MW In Q3
The U.S. wind energy industry installed 1,389 megawatts in the third quarter, bringing to 4,204 MW the total of wind power projects completed in what is expected to be another record year, according to the American Wind Energy Association (PDF).
With even more reported under construction, the industry is on track to surpass 2007, when 5,249 MW were installed, with a total of about 7,500 MW this year (7,500 MW would generate enough electricity to power the equivalent of about 2.2 million homes).
Energy Manager News
- Getting Serious About Energy Metrics
- Honeywell Smart Building Technology Uses ‘Tablet-Like’ Visualization
- Micro Wind Turbines Top Intel Headquarters
- Neon LED Strip Light Prevents Dangers of Actual Neon Light
- Framingham Saves $380,000 per Year with ESPC
- FlexEnergy Commissions Multiple 250 KW Gas Turbines in Seoul
- Corporations Rally to Streamline Renewable Energy Procurement
- Solar Trees Provide Shade, Electricity, EV Charging