Goldman, Blue Source Partner to Market GHG Emission Reductions
The Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Blue Source LLC announced they have formed an alliance to market U.S. GHG emission reductions.
The companies say the alliance will combine Goldman’s expertise in commodities trading and financial risk management with Blue Source’s climate change portfolio. As part of the alliance, Goldman Sachs purchased an equity stake in Blue Source LLC.
Goldman Sachs will off-take, structure and market a broad range of verified emissions reductions (VERs) resulting from certain GHG reduction projects in Blue Source’s portfolio, including those associated with methane management from coal mining, wastewater treatment, landfills and animal waste; energy efficiency; carbon capture and sequestration from fertilizer and natural gas production; and industrial gas destruction.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE