Goldman, Blue Source Partner to Market GHG Emission Reductions
The Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Blue Source LLC announced they have formed an alliance to market U.S. GHG emission reductions.
The companies say the alliance will combine Goldman’s expertise in commodities trading and financial risk management with Blue Source’s climate change portfolio. As part of the alliance, Goldman Sachs purchased an equity stake in Blue Source LLC.
Goldman Sachs will off-take, structure and market a broad range of verified emissions reductions (VERs) resulting from certain GHG reduction projects in Blue Source’s portfolio, including those associated with methane management from coal mining, wastewater treatment, landfills and animal waste; energy efficiency; carbon capture and sequestration from fertilizer and natural gas production; and industrial gas destruction.
Energy Manager News
- The Evolution of Customer Renewable Energy Choice
- Target, adidas, Walmart Honored for Efficient Roof-Top Units
- Rising Tide of Energy Storage Floats all Boats
- Better Buildings Alliance Launches Indoor Lighting Campaign for Commercial Buildings
- Scaling of Energy Storage Market Hinges on ESSI Vendors
- CalCom Solar to Deploy 1.1MW at Dairy
- Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
- Army to Save $113M Over 19 Years with CHP Plant