Goldman, Blue Source Partner to Market GHG Emission Reductions
The Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Blue Source LLC announced they have formed an alliance to market U.S. GHG emission reductions.
The companies say the alliance will combine Goldman’s expertise in commodities trading and financial risk management with Blue Source’s climate change portfolio. As part of the alliance, Goldman Sachs purchased an equity stake in Blue Source LLC.
Goldman Sachs will off-take, structure and market a broad range of verified emissions reductions (VERs) resulting from certain GHG reduction projects in Blue Source’s portfolio, including those associated with methane management from coal mining, wastewater treatment, landfills and animal waste; energy efficiency; carbon capture and sequestration from fertilizer and natural gas production; and industrial gas destruction.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland