Goldman, Blue Source Partner to Market GHG Emission Reductions
The Goldman Sachs Group Inc. and Blue Source LLC announced they have formed an alliance to market U.S. GHG emission reductions.
The companies say the alliance will combine Goldman’s expertise in commodities trading and financial risk management with Blue Source’s climate change portfolio. As part of the alliance, Goldman Sachs purchased an equity stake in Blue Source LLC.
Goldman Sachs will off-take, structure and market a broad range of verified emissions reductions (VERs) resulting from certain GHG reduction projects in Blue Source’s portfolio, including those associated with methane management from coal mining, wastewater treatment, landfills and animal waste; energy efficiency; carbon capture and sequestration from fertilizer and natural gas production; and industrial gas destruction.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners