Fully Biodegradable Envelope Paper Launched By Chase Corp.
Chase Corp. announced that its PaperTyger division is now offering what the company touts as the world’s first fully biodegradable, tear-resistant envelope paper.
PaperTyger Green contains a new oxo-biodegradable film laminated between two sheets of paper. The company says the film enables the product to be land-filled with no harm to the environment. The paper used comes from sustainable sources that are either Forest Stewardship Council or Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified.
Oxo-biodegradable means exposure to oxygen and/or heat breaks down the plastic into three components: carbon dioxide, water, and natural biomass, without other residual. In addition, the company says no VOCs are created and no harsh solvents are used in PaperTyger’s laminating process.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B