Fully Biodegradable Envelope Paper Launched By Chase Corp.
Chase Corp. announced that its PaperTyger division is now offering what the company touts as the world’s first fully biodegradable, tear-resistant envelope paper.
PaperTyger Green contains a new oxo-biodegradable film laminated between two sheets of paper. The company says the film enables the product to be land-filled with no harm to the environment. The paper used comes from sustainable sources that are either Forest Stewardship Council or Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified.
Oxo-biodegradable means exposure to oxygen and/or heat breaks down the plastic into three components: carbon dioxide, water, and natural biomass, without other residual. In addition, the company says no VOCs are created and no harsh solvents are used in PaperTyger’s laminating process.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV