Fully Biodegradable Envelope Paper Launched By Chase Corp.
Chase Corp. announced that its PaperTyger division is now offering what the company touts as the world’s first fully biodegradable, tear-resistant envelope paper.
PaperTyger Green contains a new oxo-biodegradable film laminated between two sheets of paper. The company says the film enables the product to be land-filled with no harm to the environment. The paper used comes from sustainable sources that are either Forest Stewardship Council or Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified.
Oxo-biodegradable means exposure to oxygen and/or heat breaks down the plastic into three components: carbon dioxide, water, and natural biomass, without other residual. In addition, the company says no VOCs are created and no harsh solvents are used in PaperTyger’s laminating process.
Energy Manager News
- BMW Tests Fuel-Cell Car
- Researchers Develop Cell that Can Store Solar at Night
- Energy Efficiency Program Saves Texas College $4.4M
- White Efficiency Poses Challenge for Solid-State Lighting
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion