Fully Biodegradable Envelope Paper Launched By Chase Corp.
Chase Corp. announced that its PaperTyger division is now offering what the company touts as the world’s first fully biodegradable, tear-resistant envelope paper.
PaperTyger Green contains a new oxo-biodegradable film laminated between two sheets of paper. The company says the film enables the product to be land-filled with no harm to the environment. The paper used comes from sustainable sources that are either Forest Stewardship Council or Sustainable Forestry Initiative certified.
Oxo-biodegradable means exposure to oxygen and/or heat breaks down the plastic into three components: carbon dioxide, water, and natural biomass, without other residual. In addition, the company says no VOCs are created and no harsh solvents are used in PaperTyger’s laminating process.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger