Bolthouse Farms Completes Solar Installation
Wm. Bolthouse Farms Inc. announced the completion of a 1.9 megawatt solar power system installed at the companyâ€™s farms in Palmdale, CA. The solar system is expected to help the farms offset 2,200 metric tons of CO2 annually and provide nearly 80 percent of the electricity used to power operations.
The solar power system is owned and operated by MMA Renewable Ventures. Bolthouse Farms will buy electricity from the company under a power purchase agreement.
The system was designed and installed by Regenesis Power LLC using about 10,000 solar panels from Mitsubishi Electric.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers â€˜Second Opinionâ€™ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland