Green Seal’s New Program Recognizes Leading Eco-Friendly Firms
Green Seal, a 20-year-old organization that awards its Green Seal of approval to environmentally responsible products and services, announced it is establishing a Laureate Program (PDF) to recognize companies for their leadership in meeting eco-friendly standards.
The program will offer three levels of Green Seal certification: bronze, silver and gold. Companies’ environmental efforts and impacts will be evaluated on a life cycle base and focus on areas such as energy use, air and water impacts, waste, and toxic chemicals.
Green Seal said it is launching a new program because “it’s time to recognize and grow the most sustainable companies in the US. In an economy where green is the new buzz word, misleading claims (greenwashing) are not only discouraging for customers but dangerous for brand integrity. Solid proof of sustainability is key.”
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store