Climate Change Creates Biz Opportunities
According to the Carbon Disclosure Project’s annual survey of the largest corporations in the world, Canada’s largest companies are starting to report more business opportunities than risks as a result of emerging GHG emissions regulations, the canada.com reports.
The survey found that 92 percent of the largest polluters saw opportunities to address their GHG emissions. Almost 90 percent of the Canadian respondents in the survey identified opportunities related to their GHG emission reductions, while 83 percent identified risks to their bottom line.
Data from corporations in more than 20 countries was included in the survey. The survey was created to provide investors with a overall picture of the impacts of climate change and related regulations on the market and in their portfolios.
The survey also reported an increase in survey participation around the world. Fifty-five percent of Canadian companies contacted responded to the survey, up from 45 percent last year.
Energy Manager News
- Six Critical Tips to Transform Your Organization’s Energy Management
- Supreme Court to Review Demand Response Decision
- Dartmouth Upgrades Field House Lighting with Digital Lumens
- Tesla Needs More Partnerships for Powerwall Success, Says Lux
- College Installs 2.5 MW of Solar
- Gexpro, Geli, Ideal Power, LG Chem Join for Battery Energy Storage
- LEDs Facilitate Retail Shopping Applications
- The Hidden Pitfalls of Natural Gas Cost Savings