MillerCoors Receives Energy Saver Awards
MillerCoors’ breweries in Golden, Colorado and Shenandoah, Virginia, received Energy Saver Awards from the Department of Energy for reducing electricity and natural gas use.
The energy-saving opportunities were identified through a Save Energy Now energy assessment and have reduced energy use by about 18 percent in the last two years.
Free Save Energy Now Assessments, conducted by the Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program, identified more than $105 million in potential energy cost savings for 23 U.S. steel manufacturing facilities that participated in the program. This represents an average reduction of 10.2 percent in overall energy costs.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016