MillerCoors Receives Energy Saver Awards
MillerCoors’ breweries in Golden, Colorado and Shenandoah, Virginia, received Energy Saver Awards from the Department of Energy for reducing electricity and natural gas use.
The energy-saving opportunities were identified through a Save Energy Now energy assessment and have reduced energy use by about 18 percent in the last two years.
Free Save Energy Now Assessments, conducted by the Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program, identified more than $105 million in potential energy cost savings for 23 U.S. steel manufacturing facilities that participated in the program. This represents an average reduction of 10.2 percent in overall energy costs.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling