MillerCoors Receives Energy Saver Awards
MillerCoors’ breweries in Golden, Colorado and Shenandoah, Virginia, received Energy Saver Awards from the Department of Energy for reducing electricity and natural gas use.
The energy-saving opportunities were identified through a Save Energy Now energy assessment and have reduced energy use by about 18 percent in the last two years.
Free Save Energy Now Assessments, conducted by the Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program, identified more than $105 million in potential energy cost savings for 23 U.S. steel manufacturing facilities that participated in the program. This represents an average reduction of 10.2 percent in overall energy costs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses