MillerCoors Receives Energy Saver Awards
MillerCoors’ breweries in Golden, Colorado and Shenandoah, Virginia, received Energy Saver Awards from the Department of Energy for reducing electricity and natural gas use.
The energy-saving opportunities were identified through a Save Energy Now energy assessment and have reduced energy use by about 18 percent in the last two years.
Free Save Energy Now Assessments, conducted by the Department of Energy Industrial Technologies Program, identified more than $105 million in potential energy cost savings for 23 U.S. steel manufacturing facilities that participated in the program. This represents an average reduction of 10.2 percent in overall energy costs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- How to Think about Energy Efficiency
- Demand Response for Restaurants, Retail
- EV Charging Stations with Energy Storage Save City $7,000 per Year in Demand Charges
- Santa Barbara School District Uses Prop 39 Funds for Energy Improvements
- Hydronic Heating and Cooling Addresses Glass Building HVAC Challenges
- Accenture Acquires Energy Procurement Company
- Schneider Granted $400M Basic Ordering Agreement for Corps of Engineers
- E-Commerce Energy Offered in New York