4Food Deploys IBM’s Green Consulting Services
4Food announced it is using IBM’s consulting services to integrate corporate social responsibility values and practices into its business strategy.
The restaurant chain plans to open its first restaurant next year to offer fast and healthy food, with as much as 60 percent of the ingredients sourced from local farms and producers.
Under the agreement signed in September, IBM will help 4Food link CSR to the company’s business strategy, ranging across issues like environmental practices in its restaurants and through its suppliers, labor policies, community involvement, and nutrition. IBM also will help the restaurant chain determine how to use its CSR activities and initiatives to attract and retain customers.
IBM has been launching a series of environmental consulting services such as Environmental Product Lifecycle Management, a “cradle to grave” environmental consulting service; and “Green Sigma,” which combines the company’s CSR consulting service with Lean Six Sigma processes and applies it to energy and water usage.
IBM recently made it into Plenty Magazine’s “The Plenty 20,” which awards businesses for bettering the planet in innovative ways.
Energy Manager News
- Don’t Write Off Energy Efficiency. It’s Just about to Have Its Day.
- 44 Companies Apply to Manage OSU Energy
- ASHRAE High-Performance Building Design Professional Certification Earns ANSI Accreditation
- Energy Management Targets Commercial Real Estate
- Home Depot Hires HVAC Provider for South Arizona Stores
- Voluntary Agreement Covers Energy of Home Internet Equipment
- Community Microgrids for a Sustainable Future – TEDx Talk
- Cree Restructures LED Business in Aggressive Pricing Environment