Cadbury Releases CSR Report on New Website ‘DearCadbury.com’
The site features Cadbury’s 2007/08 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability report, which revealed that the company has reduced carbon emissions almost 4 percent to date; Cadbury is aiming for a 10 percent reduction by 2010. As part of Cadbury’s “Purple Goes Green” program, the company committed to a 50 percent absolute reduction in carbon emissions by 2020.
Cadbury also reported that it has met its 2007 goal of reducing water use by 10 percent.
Alex Cole, Cadbury’s global affairs director, told Brand Republic that “we have created an interactive asset that reaches beyond responsible investors and analysts. Dearcadbury.com is about sharing our views and contributing to the public debate on ethical sourcing, responsible consumption and the environment.”
Last year, Cadbury signed up for the British Carbon Trust’s pilot carbon labeling scheme, which requires companies to keep track on emissions throughout the supply chain.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B