Cadbury Releases CSR Report on New Website ‘DearCadbury.com’
The site features Cadbury’s 2007/08 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability report, which revealed that the company has reduced carbon emissions almost 4 percent to date; Cadbury is aiming for a 10 percent reduction by 2010. As part of Cadbury’s “Purple Goes Green” program, the company committed to a 50 percent absolute reduction in carbon emissions by 2020.
Cadbury also reported that it has met its 2007 goal of reducing water use by 10 percent.
Alex Cole, Cadbury’s global affairs director, told Brand Republic that “we have created an interactive asset that reaches beyond responsible investors and analysts. Dearcadbury.com is about sharing our views and contributing to the public debate on ethical sourcing, responsible consumption and the environment.”
Last year, Cadbury signed up for the British Carbon Trust’s pilot carbon labeling scheme, which requires companies to keep track on emissions throughout the supply chain.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners