Cadbury Releases CSR Report on New Website ‘DearCadbury.com’
The site features Cadbury’s 2007/08 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability report, which revealed that the company has reduced carbon emissions almost 4 percent to date; Cadbury is aiming for a 10 percent reduction by 2010. As part of Cadbury’s “Purple Goes Green” program, the company committed to a 50 percent absolute reduction in carbon emissions by 2020.
Cadbury also reported that it has met its 2007 goal of reducing water use by 10 percent.
Alex Cole, Cadbury’s global affairs director, told Brand Republic that “we have created an interactive asset that reaches beyond responsible investors and analysts. Dearcadbury.com is about sharing our views and contributing to the public debate on ethical sourcing, responsible consumption and the environment.”
Last year, Cadbury signed up for the British Carbon Trust’s pilot carbon labeling scheme, which requires companies to keep track on emissions throughout the supply chain.
Energy Manager News
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: October 21, 2016
- Could Cleaner Energy Save Ohio Ratepayers $50M in 2030, Alone?
- Yakima City Council Mulls Utility Rate Hike on Large Businesses to Bolster Reserve Fund