Cadbury Releases CSR Report on New Website ‘DearCadbury.com’
The site features Cadbury’s 2007/08 Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability report, which revealed that the company has reduced carbon emissions almost 4 percent to date; Cadbury is aiming for a 10 percent reduction by 2010. As part of Cadbury’s “Purple Goes Green” program, the company committed to a 50 percent absolute reduction in carbon emissions by 2020.
Cadbury also reported that it has met its 2007 goal of reducing water use by 10 percent.
Alex Cole, Cadbury’s global affairs director, told Brand Republic that “we have created an interactive asset that reaches beyond responsible investors and analysts. Dearcadbury.com is about sharing our views and contributing to the public debate on ethical sourcing, responsible consumption and the environment.”
Last year, Cadbury signed up for the British Carbon Trust’s pilot carbon labeling scheme, which requires companies to keep track on emissions throughout the supply chain.
Energy Manager News
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains
- Some Insurance Companies Invested Too Heavily in Fossil Fuels, says Ceres
- Apple Defends 100% Renewable Energy Claim
- Ontario Investing $900M in Affordable Housing
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending May 20, 2016