ISO Updates Guide For Addressing Environmental Issues In Product Standards
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has updated its guide for addressing environmental issues in product standards.
The new guide, ISO Guide 64:2008 offers product standards writers a step-by-step approach to identify and understand basic environmental aspects, as well as impacts related to the product’s entire life-cycle.
The guide recommends standard writers to conduct life-cycle evaluations of a product early on in the standard development.
An environmental checklist is included in the guide to help standards writers assess environmental issues based on the information that’s available on the product’s life-cycle.
Energy Manager News
- Put Safety First in LED Installations
- Microsoft: Data Centers to Use 50% Renewables by 2018
- Solar Installation Dedicated in Brooklyn
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy Launches Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures