ISO Updates Guide For Addressing Environmental Issues In Product Standards
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has updated its guide for addressing environmental issues in product standards.
The new guide, ISO Guide 64:2008 offers product standards writers a step-by-step approach to identify and understand basic environmental aspects, as well as impacts related to the product’s entire life-cycle.
The guide recommends standard writers to conduct life-cycle evaluations of a product early on in the standard development.
An environmental checklist is included in the guide to help standards writers assess environmental issues based on the information that’s available on the product’s life-cycle.
Energy Manager News
- Energy-as-a-Service: Charting a Path Through Complexity
- Demand Energy, EnerSys Complete Storage Project
- Lunera Intros Pathway and Entryway LED
- FPL to Buy and Phase Out Coal-Powered Plant, Saving Customers $129M
- Environmental, Health and Safety Software Moves Forward
- Johnson Controls: Interest, Investment in Energy Efficiency Up
- First-Ever Statewide Endorsement of Retail Supplier, by Delaware, Goes to Direct Energy
- Oberlin, Ohio, Ratepayers to Receive $2.2M in Rebates for Sale of RECs