ISO Updates Guide For Addressing Environmental Issues In Product Standards
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has updated its guide for addressing environmental issues in product standards.
The new guide, ISO Guide 64:2008 offers product standards writers a step-by-step approach to identify and understand basic environmental aspects, as well as impacts related to the product’s entire life-cycle.
The guide recommends standard writers to conduct life-cycle evaluations of a product early on in the standard development.
An environmental checklist is included in the guide to help standards writers assess environmental issues based on the information that’s available on the product’s life-cycle.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution