ISO Updates Guide For Addressing Environmental Issues In Product Standards
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has updated its guide for addressing environmental issues in product standards.
The new guide, ISO Guide 64:2008 offers product standards writers a step-by-step approach to identify and understand basic environmental aspects, as well as impacts related to the product’s entire life-cycle.
The guide recommends standard writers to conduct life-cycle evaluations of a product early on in the standard development.
An environmental checklist is included in the guide to help standards writers assess environmental issues based on the information that’s available on the product’s life-cycle.
Energy Manager News
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers
- There’s Nothing More Sacred Than Coal in Coal Country. Ask Hillary Clinton
- SunPower and the Army Work on Solar Project in Alabama
- Climate and Energy Policies Working
- ERC: Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending April 29, 2016
- Xcel Energy Files to Refund $15M to Colorado Electric Customers
- New Retail Marketplace, MassEnergyRates.com, Launches in the Bay State
- Will Utilities Lease Rooftops of Commercial Buildings for Solar Power Generation?