Sharing Utility Bills With Employees Encourages Waste Reduction
U.K. sustainable business experts Envirowise are urging bosses to disclose utility and recycling bills to employees. Envirowise says this will encourage them to take more responsibility for minimizing the company’s waste.
According to Envirowise research, individuals committed to cutting waste at home are lapsing into bad habits as soon as they get to work. The survey of more than 1,800 UK office workers found that a third took no action whatsoever to reduce the amount of resources they use during the working day.
Envirowise says that the more transparent businesses are about the effect rising utility costs are having on the bottom line, the more staff will be encouraged to adopt the same approach to cost cutting in the workplace as they do at home.
In January, Envirowise was charged with helping U.K. businesses reduce their environmental impact.
Last year, Simon Drury, business partnerships director of the Envirowise Project, said recycling IT equipment is “stupid” and should not be the top concern within a company’s eco-agenda.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array