Sharing Utility Bills With Employees Encourages Waste Reduction
U.K. sustainable business experts Envirowise are urging bosses to disclose utility and recycling bills to employees. Envirowise says this will encourage them to take more responsibility for minimizing the company’s waste.
According to Envirowise research, individuals committed to cutting waste at home are lapsing into bad habits as soon as they get to work. The survey of more than 1,800 UK office workers found that a third took no action whatsoever to reduce the amount of resources they use during the working day.
Envirowise says that the more transparent businesses are about the effect rising utility costs are having on the bottom line, the more staff will be encouraged to adopt the same approach to cost cutting in the workplace as they do at home.
In January, Envirowise was charged with helping U.K. businesses reduce their environmental impact.
Last year, Simon Drury, business partnerships director of the Envirowise Project, said recycling IT equipment is “stupid” and should not be the top concern within a company’s eco-agenda.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry