Sharing Utility Bills With Employees Encourages Waste Reduction
U.K. sustainable business experts Envirowise are urging bosses to disclose utility and recycling bills to employees. Envirowise says this will encourage them to take more responsibility for minimizing the company’s waste.
According to Envirowise research, individuals committed to cutting waste at home are lapsing into bad habits as soon as they get to work. The survey of more than 1,800 UK office workers found that a third took no action whatsoever to reduce the amount of resources they use during the working day.
Envirowise says that the more transparent businesses are about the effect rising utility costs are having on the bottom line, the more staff will be encouraged to adopt the same approach to cost cutting in the workplace as they do at home.
In January, Envirowise was charged with helping U.K. businesses reduce their environmental impact.
Last year, Simon Drury, business partnerships director of the Envirowise Project, said recycling IT equipment is “stupid” and should not be the top concern within a company’s eco-agenda.
Energy Manager News
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project