Sharing Utility Bills With Employees Encourages Waste Reduction
U.K. sustainable business experts Envirowise are urging bosses to disclose utility and recycling bills to employees. Envirowise says this will encourage them to take more responsibility for minimizing the company’s waste.
According to Envirowise research, individuals committed to cutting waste at home are lapsing into bad habits as soon as they get to work. The survey of more than 1,800 UK office workers found that a third took no action whatsoever to reduce the amount of resources they use during the working day.
Envirowise says that the more transparent businesses are about the effect rising utility costs are having on the bottom line, the more staff will be encouraged to adopt the same approach to cost cutting in the workplace as they do at home.
In January, Envirowise was charged with helping U.K. businesses reduce their environmental impact.
Last year, Simon Drury, business partnerships director of the Envirowise Project, said recycling IT equipment is “stupid” and should not be the top concern within a company’s eco-agenda.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”
- 3 Technologies that Will Keep Energy Costs in Check
- Anaerobic Digester Project Starts on Long Island, NY
- Seward to Use Resurrection Bay for Heat
- An Iconic Structure Gets Certified Silver By LEED
- Sioux City, Woodbury County Getting LED Upgrade
- Buzz Oates Group Mounts Big LED Retrofit Project in Sacramento