ViewSonic Touts Green Efforts On New Website
The site offers information about the company’s effort to save energy in its products, its use of recycled material and efforts to reduce the waste associated with its products. The company is also offering a Recycle+ Trade-In program, which offers customers incentives to return and recycle used products.
In addition, the site also provides information on ViewSonic’s environmentally responsible initiatives and tips on green living.
As for recycle and trade-in programs, companies such as Best Buy, Lenovo, National Instruments, Office Depot, Sharp and Toshiba are also offering similar programs. Unlike these free recycling programs, Waste Management launched a ‘pay to recycle’ program for compact florescent lamps in July.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend