Tesco Signs Lighting Retrofit Deal with Nualight
Tesco announced that it has signed a deal with Nualight to implement energy saving LED lighting products in its stores in Ireland. The deal’s worth approximately $1.27 million
Nualight will retrofit 111 Tesco’s Ireland stores with its Vantium Proto products in all doors in the frozen display cases. The retrofit is expected to save Tesco about $320,000 a year and reduce energy in the refrigerated glass doors displays by more than 60 percent.
Tesco’s Tramore eco-store is the first store in the supermarket group’s network to display the LED lighting product.
Tesco sustainability efforts:
Tesco introduced carbon labels earlier this year. The company announced that in the U.K. alone, it has saved almost 2 billion plastic bags by providing a greater range of reusable bags. At its Google Distribution Center, the electricity and heating needs are met with a straw-powered Combined Heat and Power plant, which generates 5 megawatts of electricity.
Energy Manager News
- CA, MA Tie for ACEEE Top Spot
- Integrated Dimmer/LED from Energy Focus
- In Duluth, This Month’s Utility Bills Include a Little Something Extra
- PSEG Surreptitiously Starts Retail Energy Supplier
- New Refrigerant Rules Will Have Long Term Impact
- Building Data Platform from Leviton
- Athens, OH, Nears $4.28M Retrofit Project
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: September 23, 2016