Tesco Signs Lighting Retrofit Deal with Nualight
Tesco announced that it has signed a deal with Nualight to implement energy saving LED lighting products in its stores in Ireland. The deal’s worth approximately $1.27 million
Nualight will retrofit 111 Tesco’s Ireland stores with its Vantium Proto products in all doors in the frozen display cases. The retrofit is expected to save Tesco about $320,000 a year and reduce energy in the refrigerated glass doors displays by more than 60 percent.
Tesco’s Tramore eco-store is the first store in the supermarket group’s network to display the LED lighting product.
Tesco sustainability efforts:
Tesco introduced carbon labels earlier this year. The company announced that in the U.K. alone, it has saved almost 2 billion plastic bags by providing a greater range of reusable bags. At its Google Distribution Center, the electricity and heating needs are met with a straw-powered Combined Heat and Power plant, which generates 5 megawatts of electricity.
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners