Carlson Hotels Issues Guide On Greening Hotels
Carlson Hotels Worldwide recently issued its â€śPractical Guide to Greening Your Hotel,â€ť which outlines the hotelier’s sustainability strategies and steps towards environmental responsibility.
The hotelier says it is focusing on specific issues such as reducing, recycling and reusing solid waste; reducing the use of harmful chemicals, conserving energy and water; and improving indoor air quality.
According to Carlson Hotels’ recent survey, the hotelier found that 58 percent of guests said they would be willing to book a environmentally friendly hotel room. Fifty-six percent said they actively seek environmentally friendly products and services, and 52 percent said they would participate in programs to help reduce or offset the hotel’s carbon emissions.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria Partnership recently issued criteria for sustainable tourism.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&Gâ€™s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners