Carlson Hotels Issues Guide On Greening Hotels
Carlson Hotels Worldwide recently issued its â€śPractical Guide to Greening Your Hotel,â€ť which outlines the hotelier’s sustainability strategies and steps towards environmental responsibility.
The hotelier says it is focusing on specific issues such as reducing, recycling and reusing solid waste; reducing the use of harmful chemicals, conserving energy and water; and improving indoor air quality.
According to Carlson Hotels’ recent survey, the hotelier found that 58 percent of guests said they would be willing to book a environmentally friendly hotel room. Fifty-six percent said they actively seek environmentally friendly products and services, and 52 percent said they would participate in programs to help reduce or offset the hotel’s carbon emissions.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria Partnership recently issued criteria for sustainable tourism.
Energy Manager News
- The hunt for reforming energy markets
- New Hampshire Shopping Site Offers Over 70 Competitive Retail Plans
- KCC Slashes Westar Transmission Delivery Fee
- Reach Out to Finance Execs With Data They Understand
- Energy Trust of Oregon Exceeded 2015 Goals
- Mercy Housing, Promise Energy Teaming Up
- 30 Environmental Advocacy Groups Call on NARUC for Holistic Rate-Setting Guidelines
- New York Stateâ€™s Summer of Energy