Carlson Hotels Issues Guide On Greening Hotels
Carlson Hotels Worldwide recently issued its â€śPractical Guide to Greening Your Hotel,â€ť which outlines the hotelier’s sustainability strategies and steps towards environmental responsibility.
The hotelier says it is focusing on specific issues such as reducing, recycling and reusing solid waste; reducing the use of harmful chemicals, conserving energy and water; and improving indoor air quality.
According to Carlson Hotels’ recent survey, the hotelier found that 58 percent of guests said they would be willing to book a environmentally friendly hotel room. Fifty-six percent said they actively seek environmentally friendly products and services, and 52 percent said they would participate in programs to help reduce or offset the hotel’s carbon emissions.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria Partnership recently issued criteria for sustainable tourism.
Energy Manager News
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy â€“ In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array
- California is Among the National Leaders in Energy Efficiency and Economic Gains
- Westerly, RI, Making Moves to Improve Municipal Efficiency