Carlson Hotels Issues Guide On Greening Hotels
Carlson Hotels Worldwide recently issued its â€śPractical Guide to Greening Your Hotel,â€ť which outlines the hotelier’s sustainability strategies and steps towards environmental responsibility.
The hotelier says it is focusing on specific issues such as reducing, recycling and reusing solid waste; reducing the use of harmful chemicals, conserving energy and water; and improving indoor air quality.
According to Carlson Hotels’ recent survey, the hotelier found that 58 percent of guests said they would be willing to book a environmentally friendly hotel room. Fifty-six percent said they actively seek environmentally friendly products and services, and 52 percent said they would participate in programs to help reduce or offset the hotel’s carbon emissions.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria Partnership recently issued criteria for sustainable tourism.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency