Carlson Hotels Issues Guide On Greening Hotels
Carlson Hotels Worldwide recently issued its ‚ÄúPractical Guide to Greening Your Hotel,‚ÄĚ which outlines the hotelier’s sustainability strategies and steps towards environmental responsibility.
The hotelier says it is focusing on specific issues such as reducing, recycling and reusing solid waste; reducing the use of harmful chemicals, conserving energy and water; and improving indoor air quality.
According to Carlson Hotels’ recent survey, the hotelier found that 58 percent of guests said they would be willing to book a environmentally friendly hotel room. Fifty-six percent said they actively seek environmentally friendly products and services, and 52 percent said they would participate in programs to help reduce or offset the hotel’s carbon emissions.
The Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria Partnership recently issued criteria for sustainable tourism.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B