E-Waste Recycler Refutes Damaging ‘Electronic Wasteland’ Report
Colorado e-waste recycler Executive Recycling markets itself as recycling e-waste in the U.S. in an environmentally correct way, but according to a 60 Minutes investigation, The Electronic Wasteland, the company actually ships some e-waste to China, where it gets dumped. This practice has been banned by the EPA.
In response, Executive Recycling has posted on its Website a response to the report:
Sadly, Executive Recycling appears now to be the victim of others who have obtained electronic and computer products from our company and then acted irresponsibly. These buyers apparently sought to hide their own misconduct by leaving the impression that their shipment was the responsibility of our company. We have discovered that forged documents (provided by the port authorities) were used to improperly shift blame to us when ER sold the tested working units to a Canadian wholesale buyer. We are currently seeking legal actions against this one wholesale buyer in regards to this report.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike