E-Waste Recycler Refutes Damaging ‘Electronic Wasteland’ Report
Colorado e-waste recycler Executive Recycling markets itself as recycling e-waste in the U.S. in an environmentally correct way, but according to a 60 Minutes investigation, The Electronic Wasteland, the company actually ships some e-waste to China, where it gets dumped. This practice has been banned by the EPA.
In response, Executive Recycling has posted on its Website a response to the report:
Sadly, Executive Recycling appears now to be the victim of others who have obtained electronic and computer products from our company and then acted irresponsibly. These buyers apparently sought to hide their own misconduct by leaving the impression that their shipment was the responsibility of our company. We have discovered that forged documents (provided by the port authorities) were used to improperly shift blame to us when ER sold the tested working units to a Canadian wholesale buyer. We are currently seeking legal actions against this one wholesale buyer in regards to this report.
Energy Manager News
- Mohegan Sun Pocono Casino Doesn’t Consider Cogeneration a Gamble
- Clean Power Plan: Obama’s Team Confident About Pitch to Supreme Court
- BuildingIQ Introduces Managed Services
- Solar Power Breakthrough Near?
- Battery Storage Giving Businesses a Break
- Could Ratepayers Foot the Bill for New Hampshire’s Pipelines?
- CenterPoint to Acquire Continuum’s Retail Energy Services Division
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned