Haigh’s Chocolates Launches Biodegradable Packaging
Haighâ€™s Chocolates announced that its White Ballotins Chocolate Box will now be packaged in Plantic trays, a biodegradable packaging from Plantic Technologies Limited (PDF).
The company says these Plantic trays are made from non-GM corn starch and have about 85 percent renewable bio-content. The trays are also fully biodegradable, water dispersible, home compostable and meet European and American compost standards.
In April, Plantic Technologies worked with Marks & Spencer to replace traditional confectionery packaging inserts with a biodegradable component made from renewable resources. The move also made the companies winners of the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation.
Energy Manager News
- Teslaâ€™s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UKâ€™s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation