Haigh’s Chocolates Launches Biodegradable Packaging
Haighâs Chocolates announced that its White Ballotins Chocolate Box will now be packaged in Plantic trays, a biodegradable packaging from Plantic Technologies Limited (PDF).
The company says these Plantic trays are made from non-GM corn starch and have about 85 percent renewable bio-content. The trays are also fully biodegradable, water dispersible, home compostable and meet European and American compost standards.
In April, Plantic Technologies worked with Marks & Spencer to replace traditional confectionery packaging inserts with a biodegradable component made from renewable resources. The move also made the companies winners of the 20th DuPont Awards for Packaging Innovation.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of âInstant Connectâ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along