REI Completes Five Solar Arrays In California
REI announced it has completed five solar arrays at locations in Arcadia, Santa Rosa, San Carlos and San Diego, where the photovoltaic installations are generating 20 to 30 percent of energy required at the stores.
Blue Oak Energy installed and designed the solar systems using Sharp solar modules. REI says its solar systems in Sacramento and Folsom will be producing energy by the end of the year.
In May, the retailer said it plans to retrofit more than 10 percent of its stores with solar power in 2008. REI set a 2009 goal to reduce its emissions by one-third from its 2006 baseline in order to help reach its 2020 goal of becoming climate neutral.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency