REI Completes Five Solar Arrays In California
REI announced it has completed five solar arrays at locations in Arcadia, Santa Rosa, San Carlos and San Diego, where the photovoltaic installations are generating 20 to 30 percent of energy required at the stores.
Blue Oak Energy installed and designed the solar systems using Sharp solar modules. REI says its solar systems in Sacramento and Folsom will be producing energy by the end of the year.
In May, the retailer said it plans to retrofit more than 10 percent of its stores with solar power in 2008. REI set a 2009 goal to reduce its emissions by one-third from its 2006 baseline in order to help reach its 2020 goal of becoming climate neutral.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management