REI Completes Five Solar Arrays In California
REI announced it has completed five solar arrays at locations in Arcadia, Santa Rosa, San Carlos and San Diego, where the photovoltaic installations are generating 20 to 30 percent of energy required at the stores.
Blue Oak Energy installed and designed the solar systems using Sharp solar modules. REI says its solar systems in Sacramento and Folsom will be producing energy by the end of the year.
In May, the retailer said it plans to retrofit more than 10 percent of its stores with solar power in 2008. REI set a 2009 goal to reduce its emissions by one-third from its 2006 baseline in order to help reach its 2020 goal of becoming climate neutral.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE