Shaklee To Offset 100% GHG Emissions
Shaklee Corp. will offset 100 percent of its annual direct and indirect GHG emissions through the purchase of 12,000 wind energy renewable energy credits from Green Mountain Energy.
The company will also purchase 1,000 metric tons of carbon offsets from methane capture projects located within the U.S. to offset direct emissions associated with fuel consumption in its buildings and vehicles.
Shaklee says the deal will reduce its carbon footprint by more than 6,000 metric tons of CO2-equivalent.
The company says it became the world’s first company to be climate neutral certified in 2000. The new deal will help maintain the Shaklee’s commitment to be a carbon neutral enterprise.
Last year, Shaklee won the Organizational Design Award from Global Green USA.
Energy Manager News
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program