Shaklee To Offset 100% GHG Emissions
Shaklee Corp. will offset 100 percent of its annual direct and indirect GHG emissions through the purchase of 12,000 wind energy renewable energy credits from Green Mountain Energy.
The company will also purchase 1,000 metric tons of carbon offsets from methane capture projects located within the U.S. to offset direct emissions associated with fuel consumption in its buildings and vehicles.
Shaklee says the deal will reduce its carbon footprint by more than 6,000 metric tons of CO2-equivalent.
The company says it became the world’s first company to be climate neutral certified in 2000. The new deal will help maintain the Shaklee’s commitment to be a carbon neutral enterprise.
Last year, Shaklee won the Organizational Design Award from Global Green USA.
Energy Manager News
- Dissecting the Data Revolution
- Energy Star Recognizes 16 GM Facilities
- CCI Group Awarded Contract for Anniston Army Depot
- Under Hawaiian Electric’s New TOU Pilot Plan, Time Is Money
- SCE&G Retail Rate Adjustment Will Be Close to Break-Even for Customers
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy