Shaklee To Offset 100% GHG Emissions
Shaklee Corp. will offset 100 percent of its annual direct and indirect GHG emissions through the purchase of 12,000 wind energy renewable energy credits from Green Mountain Energy.
The company will also purchase 1,000 metric tons of carbon offsets from methane capture projects located within the U.S. to offset direct emissions associated with fuel consumption in its buildings and vehicles.
Shaklee says the deal will reduce its carbon footprint by more than 6,000 metric tons of CO2-equivalent.
The company says it became the world’s first company to be climate neutral certified in 2000. The new deal will help maintain the Shaklee’s commitment to be a carbon neutral enterprise.
Last year, Shaklee won the Organizational Design Award from Global Green USA.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls