Shaklee To Offset 100% GHG Emissions
Shaklee Corp. will offset 100 percent of its annual direct and indirect GHG emissions through the purchase of 12,000 wind energy renewable energy credits from Green Mountain Energy.
The company will also purchase 1,000 metric tons of carbon offsets from methane capture projects located within the U.S. to offset direct emissions associated with fuel consumption in its buildings and vehicles.
Shaklee says the deal will reduce its carbon footprint by more than 6,000 metric tons of CO2-equivalent.
The company says it became the world’s first company to be climate neutral certified in 2000. The new deal will help maintain the Shaklee’s commitment to be a carbon neutral enterprise.
Last year, Shaklee won the Organizational Design Award from Global Green USA.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- LAX Commissions New $438M Central Utilities Plant
- International Paper Receives Trucked Compressed Natural Gas
- Housing Authority Signs ESPC with Ameresco
- Solar Installed at USDA Buildings
- Eaton Supports 6.3 MW Hospital Solar Installation in New Jersey
- UK Grocery Store Chain Gives Refrigerators an Energy Savings Turbo Boost
- ATG Designs 120-watt LED Fixture for Gas Station Canopies
- Schneider Electric Launches PowerLogic PM8000 Line of Meters