Brita Agrees To Recycle Filter Cartridges
Take Back the Filter Campaign says Brita brand manager Drew McGowan alerted them that Brita will be taking back and recycling pitcher filters beginning January 2009.
In June, the campaign started a petition to urge Clorox to redesign its Brita filter cartridges so that the plastic housing can be refilled, rather than discarded, each time the filter is changed; provide a take-back program; and create a system for the cartridges to be dismantled and for the components to be recycled or reused domestically.
The campaign says full details will be released on Tuesday.
In October, Bill Morrissey from Clorox discussed the company’s strategy for leveraging sustainability and the Brita, Burt’s Bees and GreenWorks brands.
Energy Manager News
- Apple, Google, Facebook Throw Weight Around in NC Energy Policy
- 2015 Green Lease Leaders include Landlords, Tenants, Brokers
- Disney World Builds Mickey Mouse-Shaped 5 MW Solar System
- Ohio Businesses Encouraged to Use Cogged V-Belts
- Renewables Share of US Energy Consumption Highest Since 1930s
- ZBB Unveils EMS for C&I Buildings
- Levi Strauss, Gap, Autodesk Support California Clean Energy Bill
- New Hydro-Quebec Data Center to Use Free Cooling