Brita Agrees To Recycle Filter Cartridges
Take Back the Filter Campaign says Brita brand manager Drew McGowan alerted them that Brita will be taking back and recycling pitcher filters beginning January 2009.
In June, the campaign started a petition to urge Clorox to redesign its Brita filter cartridges so that the plastic housing can be refilled, rather than discarded, each time the filter is changed; provide a take-back program; and create a system for the cartridges to be dismantled and for the components to be recycled or reused domestically.
The campaign says full details will be released on Tuesday.
In October, Bill Morrissey from Clorox discussed the company’s strategy for leveraging sustainability and the Brita, Burt’s Bees and GreenWorks brands.
Energy Manager News
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem
- Smart Computer Use Hikes Energy Efficiency