Brita Agrees To Recycle Filter Cartridges
Take Back the Filter Campaign says Brita brand manager Drew McGowan alerted them that Brita will be taking back and recycling pitcher filters beginning January 2009.
In June, the campaign started a petition to urge Clorox to redesign its Brita filter cartridges so that the plastic housing can be refilled, rather than discarded, each time the filter is changed; provide a take-back program; and create a system for the cartridges to be dismantled and for the components to be recycled or reused domestically.
The campaign says full details will be released on Tuesday.
In October, Bill Morrissey from Clorox discussed the company’s strategy for leveraging sustainability and the Brita, Burt’s Bees and GreenWorks brands.
Energy Manager News
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE