Brita Agrees To Recycle Filter Cartridges
Take Back the Filter Campaign says Brita brand manager Drew McGowan alerted them that Brita will be taking back and recycling pitcher filters beginning January 2009.
In June, the campaign started a petition to urge Clorox to redesign its Brita filter cartridges so that the plastic housing can be refilled, rather than discarded, each time the filter is changed; provide a take-back program; and create a system for the cartridges to be dismantled and for the components to be recycled or reused domestically.
The campaign says full details will be released on Tuesday.
In October, Bill Morrissey from Clorox discussed the company’s strategy for leveraging sustainability and the Brita, Burt’s Bees and GreenWorks brands.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along