Brita Agrees To Recycle Filter Cartridges
Take Back the Filter Campaign says Brita brand manager Drew McGowan alerted them that Brita will be taking back and recycling pitcher filters beginning January 2009.
In June, the campaign started a petition to urge Clorox to redesign its Brita filter cartridges so that the plastic housing can be refilled, rather than discarded, each time the filter is changed; provide a take-back program; and create a system for the cartridges to be dismantled and for the components to be recycled or reused domestically.
The campaign says full details will be released on Tuesday.
In October, Bill Morrissey from Clorox discussed the company’s strategy for leveraging sustainability and the Brita, Burt’s Bees and GreenWorks brands.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Logan’s Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor