Consumers Loyal To Brands That Support Good Cause During Recession
According to Edelman’s goodpurpose global study of consumer attitudes (PPT), 68 percent of respondents said they would remain loyal to a brand during a recession if it supports a good cause and 71 percent say they have either given the same or more time and money to good causes during an economic downturn, CSRwire reports.
However, 63 percent of respondents say brands spend too much money on advertising or marketing and should put more into a good cause. Eighty-two percent of female respondents agreed that “during a recession it is still important for brands and companies to set aside money for a good cause of purpose,” where as only 78 percent of male respondents agreed.
Environment tops the list of social causes consumers care about (88 percent), followed closely by health (86 percent), reducing poverty (84 percent), and equal opportunity to education (82 percent).
New to this year’s study is the finding that consumers globally believe that government, more than any other entity, should take the lead in supporting the following three priorities: equal opportunity for education (55 percent); health (46 percent) and reducing poverty (40 percent).
Eighty-seven percent of respondents say they feel it is their duty to contribute to a better society and environment; 82 percent say they feel they can personally make a difference.
This global finding differs from the survey on Americans by EcoPinion, which found only 15 percent of Americans surveyed were “very confident” that they could make a personal impact.
The study surveyed 6,000 consumers in 10 countries.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform