California Clean Tech Open Awards
Video from the California Clean Tech Open, which announced six category winners dor its 2008 competition earlier this month. The award winners will each receive a $100,000 “start-up in a box” package to assist them in transforming their clean tech visions into businesses.
The winners competed in six categories, and include:
Air, Water & Waste Award: Over the Moon Diapers – makes high performance, consumer friendly diapers that are industrial wash compatible and can be laundered by diaper services.
Energy Efficiency Award: Viridis Earth – company makes an efficient retrofit product to save 20-30% off of the $30 billion spent annually in the U.S. operating residential air conditioners, offering a payback of less than two years.
Green Building Award: BottleStone – manufactures ceramic stone surface material made of 80% recycled waste glass.
Renewables Award: Focal Point Energy – offers solar hot water and steam generation for industrial applications.
Smart Power Award: Power Assure – makes on-demand energy efficiency management software for data centers.
Transportation Award: ElectraDrive – offers rapid, inexpensive adaptation of existing vehicles to electric drive.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B