California Clean Tech Open Awards
Video from the California Clean Tech Open, which announced six category winners dor its 2008 competition earlier this month. The award winners will each receive a $100,000 “start-up in a box” package to assist them in transforming their clean tech visions into businesses.
The winners competed in six categories, and include:
Air, Water & Waste Award: Over the Moon Diapers – makes high performance, consumer friendly diapers that are industrial wash compatible and can be laundered by diaper services.
Energy Efficiency Award: Viridis Earth – company makes an efficient retrofit product to save 20-30% off of the $30 billion spent annually in the U.S. operating residential air conditioners, offering a payback of less than two years.
Green Building Award: BottleStone – manufactures ceramic stone surface material made of 80% recycled waste glass.
Renewables Award: Focal Point Energy – offers solar hot water and steam generation for industrial applications.
Smart Power Award: Power Assure – makes on-demand energy efficiency management software for data centers.
Transportation Award: ElectraDrive – offers rapid, inexpensive adaptation of existing vehicles to electric drive.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending June 26
- Final Energy Conservation Standards for Packaged Terminal Air Conditioners Mirror ASHRAE/IES Standard 90.1-2013
- Seeley International Acquires Coolerado
- Joule Assets Becomes Demand Response Provider in Texas
- Excalibur Energy Becomes Preferred Supplier for Facilities Management Firm
- Product Warranty Covers Both Insulated Roof Panels, Solar PV
- Combining Solar with Ground Heat Pump Is Energy, Cost Efficient
- Current Clamps Measure Energy for Small Businesses