Millipore Unveils Its First Biodegradable Bioplastic Product
Millipore Corp. unveiled the EcoStand tube holder, the company’s first bioplastic product which is also biodegradable and compostable.
The company says the EcoStand device is made from a corn-based plastic resin rather than from conventional petroleum-based plastic. The device is biodegradable in active microbial environments such as soil, home, compost, industrial compost as well as fresh and salt water.
The EcoStand device was created by Danvers, a Massachusetts-based research and product development team in Millipore’s Bioscience Division.
In July, Novomer unveiled sacrificial binders made from recycled CO2.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage: It’s About the Software
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- India Launches Net-Zero Building Portal
- Companies Cooperating on Waste-to-Energy Projects
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform