Millipore Unveils Its First Biodegradable Bioplastic Product
Millipore Corp. unveiled the EcoStand tube holder, the company’s first bioplastic product which is also biodegradable and compostable.
The company says the EcoStand device is made from a corn-based plastic resin rather than from conventional petroleum-based plastic. The device is biodegradable in active microbial environments such as soil, home, compost, industrial compost as well as fresh and salt water.
The EcoStand device was created by Danvers, a Massachusetts-based research and product development team in Millipore’s Bioscience Division.
In July, Novomer unveiled sacrificial binders made from recycled CO2.
Energy Manager News
- Geothermal Heating and Cooling is Worth Another Look
- Bruce County, Ontario, Tabs Ecosystem
- Oklahoma University Scores Almost $300K Incentive
- Smart Tech Takes Over, Bolstered By Record Investment
- Amendment 4 in Florida Would Expand Solar Property Tax Exemptions to C&I Ratepayers
- Pennsylvania PUC Approves Temporary Waiver of ‘Instant Connect’ Confirmation Letters
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along