Millipore Unveils Its First Biodegradable Bioplastic Product
Millipore Corp. unveiled the EcoStand tube holder, the company’s first bioplastic product which is also biodegradable and compostable.
The company says the EcoStand device is made from a corn-based plastic resin rather than from conventional petroleum-based plastic. The device is biodegradable in active microbial environments such as soil, home, compost, industrial compost as well as fresh and salt water.
The EcoStand device was created by Danvers, a Massachusetts-based research and product development team in Millipore’s Bioscience Division.
In July, Novomer unveiled sacrificial binders made from recycled CO2.
Energy Manager News
- New Energy Efficiency Law Could be Boon for HVAC Industry
- Black & Veatch World Headquarters Microgrid
- Caterpillar, First Solar Join to Develop Microgrids
- Hospital Reduces Energy 12%
- Cree LEDs Light 42-Campus Toledo Public School District
- Soraa Offers LED with Wireless Control
- States Use Energy Resource Permanent Funds for Various Purposes
- One Man’s Experience with Engaging Building Operators