Millipore Unveils Its First Biodegradable Bioplastic Product
Millipore Corp. unveiled the EcoStand tube holder, the company’s first bioplastic product which is also biodegradable and compostable.
The company says the EcoStand device is made from a corn-based plastic resin rather than from conventional petroleum-based plastic. The device is biodegradable in active microbial environments such as soil, home, compost, industrial compost as well as fresh and salt water.
The EcoStand device was created by Danvers, a Massachusetts-based research and product development team in Millipore’s Bioscience Division.
In July, Novomer unveiled sacrificial binders made from recycled CO2.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE