Future Consumer Involvement in Environmental Protection
Over 50% of the U.S. general population expects to be more involved in protecting the environment in the future, slightly higher from 2007, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute. This future projection combined with increased involvement, identifies care of the environment as a major trend continuing in 2009.
This personal environmental responsibility is resonating far beyond only LOHAS consumers, the 17% of U.S. adults identified as having the strongest environmental, social and corporate social responsibility values and behaviors.
As this core value continues to gain momentum, understanding the importance of how this value manifests itself in the marketplace is vital for new product developers, marketers, and business strategists across industries.
Energy Manager News
- Featured Project of the Year: Atlas Box Deploys Digital Lumens for Energy Intelligence
- Businesses Find that It’s Possible to Save Money–and the Environment
- Duquesne Light Building Experimental Microgrid
- Las Cruces Moving to LEDs, Solar
- Intelligence and Automation to Drive Growth of Smart Cities
- Energy Manager Today Product & Project of the Year Award Winners Announced
- Mobility, The IoT Gradually Transform HVAC
- Bill Gates-Led Group, India Establishing Energy Funds