Future Consumer Involvement in Environmental Protection
Over 50% of the U.S. general population expects to be more involved in protecting the environment in the future, slightly higher from 2007, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute. This future projection combined with increased involvement, identifies care of the environment as a major trend continuing in 2009.
This personal environmental responsibility is resonating far beyond only LOHAS consumers, the 17% of U.S. adults identified as having the strongest environmental, social and corporate social responsibility values and behaviors.
As this core value continues to gain momentum, understanding the importance of how this value manifests itself in the marketplace is vital for new product developers, marketers, and business strategists across industries.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses