Future Consumer Involvement in Environmental Protection
Over 50% of the U.S. general population expects to be more involved in protecting the environment in the future, slightly higher from 2007, according to research from the Natural Marketing Institute. This future projection combined with increased involvement, identifies care of the environment as a major trend continuing in 2009.
This personal environmental responsibility is resonating far beyond only LOHAS consumers, the 17% of U.S. adults identified as having the strongest environmental, social and corporate social responsibility values and behaviors.
As this core value continues to gain momentum, understanding the importance of how this value manifests itself in the marketplace is vital for new product developers, marketers, and business strategists across industries.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array