Plow & Hearth Plants 200,000 Trees – On Way To 1 Million
Plow & Hearth says its Campaign to Re-Forest America has designated 200,000 trees for distribution to three U.S. national forest since the initiative launched in September.
Customers who purchase Plow & Hearth products receive an e-mail that allows them to select among three U.S. national forest to receive a tree-seedling.
The company says 70,000 tree seedlings have been allocated to the Huron-Manistee National Forest in Michigan; 54,000 seedlings have been allotted to Florida’s Ocala National Forest, and 52,000 seedlings have been designated for the restoration of the San Bernardino National Forest in California. About 24,000 Plow & Hearth customers have opted to leave it to the company to determine where their seedling is delivered.
Working with the National Forest Foundation and their heritage programs, the company says it plans to help with the reforestation of America with one million trees by the end of 2009.
In February, Toyota Material Handling said it will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem