Plow & Hearth Plants 200,000 Trees – On Way To 1 Million
Plow & Hearth says its Campaign to Re-Forest America has designated 200,000 trees for distribution to three U.S. national forest since the initiative launched in September.
Customers who purchase Plow & Hearth products receive an e-mail that allows them to select among three U.S. national forest to receive a tree-seedling.
The company says 70,000 tree seedlings have been allocated to the Huron-Manistee National Forest in Michigan; 54,000 seedlings have been allotted to Florida’s Ocala National Forest, and 52,000 seedlings have been designated for the restoration of the San Bernardino National Forest in California. About 24,000 Plow & Hearth customers have opted to leave it to the company to determine where their seedling is delivered.
Working with the National Forest Foundation and their heritage programs, the company says it plans to help with the reforestation of America with one million trees by the end of 2009.
In February, Toyota Material Handling said it will plant 20,000 trees – one for every 8-Series lift truck sold last year – in national forests damaged by fire or other natural causes.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works