Clif Family Winery Adds $0.25 Per Bottle To Offset CO2 Emissions
Clif Family Winery partnered with NativeEnergy to launch Green My Shipment, which adds $0.25 per bottle to help offset CO2 emissions generated by the packaging and shipment of orders.
The winery says all the proceeds will go to support the Cascade Sierra Solutions Trucking Efficiency Project, which helps independent truck owners or operators improve fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions and other pollutants generated by ground freight transport.
Fetzer Vineyards recently switched to lighter weight glass to cut shipping costs and be more environmentally friendly. The winery’s new bottles are on average 14 percent lighter, with the 750-milliliter bottles now weighing 15.5 oz. when empty.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners