Clif Family Winery Adds $0.25 Per Bottle To Offset CO2 Emissions
Clif Family Winery partnered with NativeEnergy to launch Green My Shipment, which adds $0.25 per bottle to help offset CO2 emissions generated by the packaging and shipment of orders.
The winery says all the proceeds will go to support the Cascade Sierra Solutions Trucking Efficiency Project, which helps independent truck owners or operators improve fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions and other pollutants generated by ground freight transport.
Fetzer Vineyards recently switched to lighter weight glass to cut shipping costs and be more environmentally friendly. The winery‚Äôs new bottles are on average 14 percent lighter, with the 750-milliliter bottles now weighing 15.5 oz. when empty.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System