Clif Family Winery Adds $0.25 Per Bottle To Offset CO2 Emissions
Clif Family Winery partnered with NativeEnergy to launch Green My Shipment, which adds $0.25 per bottle to help offset CO2 emissions generated by the packaging and shipment of orders.
The winery says all the proceeds will go to support the Cascade Sierra Solutions Trucking Efficiency Project, which helps independent truck owners or operators improve fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions and other pollutants generated by ground freight transport.
Fetzer Vineyards recently switched to lighter weight glass to cut shipping costs and be more environmentally friendly. The winery’s new bottles are on average 14 percent lighter, with the 750-milliliter bottles now weighing 15.5 oz. when empty.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE