Green Protective Packaging To Grow 4.6% Annually
A recent study from Freedonia (subscription required) shows that demand for eco-friendly protective packaging in the U.S. will grow 4.6 percent annually over the next four years. Chief Marketer offers a look at some of the latest eco-friendly offerings from some suppliers of protective packaging products.
Conformer Expansion Products recently announced that its Conformer plastic expansion envelope is now made with 75 percent recycled milk jugs. The company says the manufacturing plant that makes the Conformer plastic expansion envelope reuses 90 percent of post-industrial materials for other jobs, the remaining 10 percent is sold for reuse in other plastic applications.
Pregis recently launched Astro-Foam Renew, a low-density polyethylene foam sheet made with up to 35 percent pre-consumer recycled content. The foam sheet provides surface protection and the company says it works well for shipping heavy items with sharp edges.
Paper packaging company Ranpak recently launched two new fanfold paper products made of 100 percent recycled paper. The company says no virgin pulp is used in the process of producing the paper, which is also 100 percent biodegradable.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid
- Pacific Power Names Three wattsmart Business Partners of the Year
- 2014 Better Than 2013 for Distributed Wind Turbines, But Far Below 2012
- Making Efficiency Attractive to Investors
- Hydrogen from Landfill Powers Forklifts at BMW Plant
- Big Energy Savings for Hoke, N.C., Schools
- Energy Savings Performance Contracts Unlock Deep Savings
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments