UN Climate Change Conference Day 3 Press Briefing
The market-based mechanisms under the Kyoto Protocol were highlighted by Yvo de Boer at today’s press briefing. Delegates are considering ways to enhance the existing mechanisms and looking at the role mechanisms will play in the future.
Discussions continued yesterday on a shared vision on long-term cooperative action. De Boer said that during the discussions, developing countries gave a strong call for industrialized countries to show leadership and ambition in emission reductions.
But the reporting of climate change actions by developing countries was also taken up at today’s briefing. De Boer said that delegates were discussing ways to support the preparation of these reports.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency Efforts Face Obstacles in New Buildings and Retrofits
- Turlock Irrigation District Offers Incentives
- Invenergy Signs Deals with Equinix and Owens Corning
- Overcoming Skepticism about Energy Upgrades
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking