UN Climate Change Conference Day 3 Press Briefing
The market-based mechanisms under the Kyoto Protocol were highlighted by Yvo de Boer at today’s press briefing. Delegates are considering ways to enhance the existing mechanisms and looking at the role mechanisms will play in the future.
Discussions continued yesterday on a shared vision on long-term cooperative action. De Boer said that during the discussions, developing countries gave a strong call for industrialized countries to show leadership and ambition in emission reductions.
But the reporting of climate change actions by developing countries was also taken up at today’s briefing. De Boer said that delegates were discussing ways to support the preparation of these reports.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency