UN Climate Change Conference Day 3 Press Briefing
The market-based mechanisms under the Kyoto Protocol were highlighted by Yvo de Boer at today’s press briefing. Delegates are considering ways to enhance the existing mechanisms and looking at the role mechanisms will play in the future.
Discussions continued yesterday on a shared vision on long-term cooperative action. De Boer said that during the discussions, developing countries gave a strong call for industrialized countries to show leadership and ambition in emission reductions.
But the reporting of climate change actions by developing countries was also taken up at today’s briefing. De Boer said that delegates were discussing ways to support the preparation of these reports.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- OATI Taps EnSync for Planned Microgrid
- Lime Energy to Provide Clean Energy Tech to 1,000 Small Businesses
- Celtic Bank Backs Solar to the Tune of $43 Million
- GE, Coachella Energy Building a Big Lithium-Ion Battery
- The Importance of Energy Storage System Software
- Duke Increasines Chiller Efficiency
- Pepco-Exelon Merger Rejected
- Energy Savings a Key to Calgary Building Redevelopment