UN Climate Change Conference Day 3 Press Briefing
The market-based mechanisms under the Kyoto Protocol were highlighted by Yvo de Boer at today’s press briefing. Delegates are considering ways to enhance the existing mechanisms and looking at the role mechanisms will play in the future.
Discussions continued yesterday on a shared vision on long-term cooperative action. De Boer said that during the discussions, developing countries gave a strong call for industrialized countries to show leadership and ambition in emission reductions.
But the reporting of climate change actions by developing countries was also taken up at today’s briefing. De Boer said that delegates were discussing ways to support the preparation of these reports.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency