WhiteWave Foods Partners With Conservation Int’l On Green Efforts
WhiteWave Foods Company announced a partnership with Conservation International which the company hopes will enhance its sustainable production initiatives through programs with the Silk and Horizon Organic businesses.
The company says it has been working on two key sustainability initiatives with Conservation International. The first initiative, the Silk Soybean Sourcing and Production Program, outlines goals for improving bean variety without genetic modification, and ways to work with soybean growers to uphold best practices for soil productivity and erosion management.
The second initiative includes Conservation International providing input on the Horizon Organic Standards of Care, focusing primarily on biodiversity practices.
The company was recently named one of the EPA’s Green Power Partner of the year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV