WhiteWave Foods Partners With Conservation Int’l On Green Efforts
WhiteWave Foods Company announced a partnership with Conservation International which the company hopes will enhance its sustainable production initiatives through programs with the Silk and Horizon Organic businesses.
The company says it has been working on two key sustainability initiatives with Conservation International. The first initiative, the Silk Soybean Sourcing and Production Program, outlines goals for improving bean variety without genetic modification, and ways to work with soybean growers to uphold best practices for soil productivity and erosion management.
The second initiative includes Conservation International providing input on the Horizon Organic Standards of Care, focusing primarily on biodiversity practices.
The company was recently named one of the EPA’s Green Power Partner of the year.
Energy Manager News
- Flying High: Energy Efficiency, Renewables and Airports
- Want a Green and Energy Conscious Business? Try These Ideas
- Beazer Homes Wins Energy Star Award
- Infineon Unveils Integrated LED
- FMPA: Power Costs Expected to Dwindle 30% to 40% Within Years
- Name-Dropping: CUB and Illinois AG Say Nicor Advanced Energy Should Change Identity
- Saving Energy – In the Restroom
- UAB Getting First Solar Array