WhiteWave Foods Partners With Conservation Int’l On Green Efforts
WhiteWave Foods Company announced a partnership with Conservation International which the company hopes will enhance its sustainable production initiatives through programs with the Silk and Horizon Organic businesses.
The company says it has been working on two key sustainability initiatives with Conservation International. The first initiative, the Silk Soybean Sourcing and Production Program, outlines goals for improving bean variety without genetic modification, and ways to work with soybean growers to uphold best practices for soil productivity and erosion management.
The second initiative includes Conservation International providing input on the Horizon Organic Standards of Care, focusing primarily on biodiversity practices.
The company was recently named one of the EPA’s Green Power Partner of the year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland