WhiteWave Foods Partners With Conservation Int’l On Green Efforts
WhiteWave Foods Company announced a partnership with Conservation International which the company hopes will enhance its sustainable production initiatives through programs with the Silk and Horizon Organic businesses.
The company says it has been working on two key sustainability initiatives with Conservation International. The first initiative, the Silk Soybean Sourcing and Production Program, outlines goals for improving bean variety without genetic modification, and ways to work with soybean growers to uphold best practices for soil productivity and erosion management.
The second initiative includes Conservation International providing input on the Horizon Organic Standards of Care, focusing primarily on biodiversity practices.
The company was recently named one of the EPA’s Green Power Partner of the year.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses