WhiteWave Foods Partners With Conservation Int’l On Green Efforts
WhiteWave Foods Company announced a partnership with Conservation International which the company hopes will enhance its sustainable production initiatives through programs with the Silk and Horizon Organic businesses.
The company says it has been working on two key sustainability initiatives with Conservation International. The first initiative, the Silk Soybean Sourcing and Production Program, outlines goals for improving bean variety without genetic modification, and ways to work with soybean growers to uphold best practices for soil productivity and erosion management.
The second initiative includes Conservation International providing input on the Horizon Organic Standards of Care, focusing primarily on biodiversity practices.
The company was recently named one of the EPA’s Green Power Partner of the year.
Energy Manager News
- Clean Energy Commitment in the Corporate and Local Small Business Sphere
- MIT Develops Promising New Battery Storage Technology
- Xcel Asks for $90M ‘Switching Fee’ If Lubbock Utility Joins ERCOT
- EDF Sending 127 Climate Corps Fellows to 100 Organizations
- Capegemini, Siemens Working on Analytics Platform
- Fulham Retrofit Kits EPA Approved
- Brookings Study: Net Metering Offers Cost Benefits to All Utility Customers
- Window Films: Low Hanging Fruit for Efficiency Gains