Henkel Named Germany’s ‘Most Sustainable Brand’
Henkel recently received an award for being Germany’s â€śMost Sustainable Brandâ€ť at the German Sustainability Congress.
The award recognizes companies that combine economic success with social responsibility and protection of the environment.
In March, the company released its sustainability report and said that over the past five years its energy consumption is down 21 percent, water consumption is down 15 percent, waste has dropped 32 percent and associated CO2 emissions are down 15 percent. During the same period, the company reported a 39 percent increase in sales and 61 percent increase in profit.
Energy Manager News
- Drama Aside, Teslaâ€™s Acquisition of SolarCity Makes Sense
- SunPower Solar Technology Breaks 24% Energy Efficiency Mark
- U.S. Data Centers Increasing Energy Efficiency
- A New Role for Mats: Promoting Sustainability
- Palmco to Refund $4.5M to New Jersey Consumers for Deceptive Sale Practices
- SolarCity Poll: Most Illinois Residents Oppose Utility Demand Charges
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Seeing U-Haulâ€™s HQ Parking Structure in a New (LED) Light
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies: The Case for Moving Beyond Batteries