Henkel Named Germany’s ‘Most Sustainable Brand’
Henkel recently received an award for being Germany’s âMost Sustainable Brandâ at the German Sustainability Congress.
The award recognizes companies that combine economic success with social responsibility and protection of the environment.
In March, the company released its sustainability report and said that over the past five years its energy consumption is down 21 percent, water consumption is down 15 percent, waste has dropped 32 percent and associated CO2 emissions are down 15 percent. During the same period, the company reported a 39 percent increase in sales and 61 percent increase in profit.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV