Enterprise Designates Its Second ‘Hybrid Branch’
Enterprise Rent-A-Car said it is doubling the amount of hybrids available at its Denver International Airport branch to 100, and will designate it as the companyâs second âhybrid branch,â Denver Business Journal reports.
The announcement is part of the company’s major upgrade of its national rental fleet, which has added about 5,000 vehicles that can run on electricity or fuel.
The car rental company plans to eventually role out nearly 80 âhybrid branchesâ across America.
In September, the company opened its first âGreen Branchâ in Sacramento. Seventy percent of the fleets at the branch are fuel efficient cars, including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company also offers a nationwide car sharing program that provides hourly rental options. The vehicles are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- âBetter Buildings, Better Plantsâ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV