Enterprise Designates Its Second ‘Hybrid Branch’
Enterprise Rent-A-Car said it is doubling the amount of hybrids available at its Denver International Airport branch to 100, and will designate it as the companyâ€™s second â€śhybrid branch,â€ť Denver Business Journal reports.
The announcement is part of the company’s major upgrade of its national rental fleet, which has added about 5,000 vehicles that can run on electricity or fuel.
The car rental company plans to eventually role out nearly 80 â€śhybrid branchesâ€ť across America.
In September, the company opened its first â€śGreen Branchâ€ť in Sacramento. Seventy percent of the fleets at the branch are fuel efficient cars, including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company also offers a nationwide car sharing program that provides hourly rental options. The vehicles are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
Energy Manager News
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tecogen Lands Deal in Coney Island, NY
- SCS Provides LEDs to AZ Stores in Arizona
- New Green Advancements in Hospital Environments
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike