Enterprise Designates Its Second ‘Hybrid Branch’
Enterprise Rent-A-Car said it is doubling the amount of hybrids available at its Denver International Airport branch to 100, and will designate it as the company‚Äôs second ‚Äúhybrid branch,‚ÄĚ Denver Business Journal reports.
The announcement is part of the company’s major upgrade of its national rental fleet, which has added about 5,000 vehicles that can run on electricity or fuel.
The car rental company plans to eventually role out nearly 80 ‚Äúhybrid branches‚ÄĚ across America.
In September, the company opened its first ‚ÄúGreen Branch‚ÄĚ in Sacramento. Seventy percent of the fleets at the branch are fuel efficient cars, including hybrid vehicles and vehicles that average a highway fuel efficiency rating of at least 28 miles per hour or better.
The company also offers a nationwide car sharing program that provides hourly rental options. The vehicles are placed in designated parking spaces where they can be accessed electronically.
Energy Manager News
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‚ÄėBang for the Buck‚Äô
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing ¬†
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Jan. 29
- FERC Probes High Rates of Four Interstate Gas Pipeline Companies
- Rhode Island Launches Retail Shopping Website
- Successful Energy Managers Follow these 10 Tactics