NetApp’s Energy Efficiency Initiatives Earn $1.4 M Rebate From PG&E
NetApp recently received a rebate of about $1.4 million from Pacific Gas and Electric Company, under the PG&E’s Non-Residential New Construction Program. The program encourages PG&E’s commercial, industrial, high-technology, and agricultural customers to implement energy-efficient building and process design and construction.
NetApp says its rebate is the largest new construction incentive PG&E has ever awarded. The company received the rebate for the design of its new Sunnyvale engineering data center. The data center is projected to operate at power usage effectiveness of less than 1.3, as well as save more than 11 million kilowatt-hours annually, which will result in savings of more than $1.1 million and cut CO2 emissions by more than 3,000 tons per year.
The company was also awarded Green Business certification as part of the Green Business Program in the County of Santa Clara, Calif.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report