NetApp’s Energy Efficiency Initiatives Earn $1.4 M Rebate From PG&E
NetApp recently received a rebate of about $1.4 million from Pacific Gas and Electric Company, under the PG&E’s Non-Residential New Construction Program. The program encourages PG&E’s commercial, industrial, high-technology, and agricultural customers to implement energy-efficient building and process design and construction.
NetApp says its rebate is the largest new construction incentive PG&E has ever awarded. The company received the rebate for the design of its new Sunnyvale engineering data center. The data center is projected to operate at power usage effectiveness of less than 1.3, as well as save more than 11 million kilowatt-hours annually, which will result in savings of more than $1.1 million and cut CO2 emissions by more than 3,000 tons per year.
The company was also awarded Green Business certification as part of the Green Business Program in the County of Santa Clara, Calif.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls