Sustainable Silicon Valley Members Cut CO2 Emissions 27%
Of SSV’s 100 members, the report says that 22 have already met or exceeded SSV’s goals of cutting regional CO2 emissions to 20 percent below 1990 levels by 2010. The 22 members reduced a total of 850,000 tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to taking half a million homes off the PG&E grid for a year.
The report finds that despite the economic downturn, 80 percent of SSV’s partners surveyed said that the economic climate would not affect investment in green initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation