Sustainable Silicon Valley Members Cut CO2 Emissions 27%
Of SSV’s 100 members, the report says that 22 have already met or exceeded SSV’s goals of cutting regional CO2 emissions to 20 percent below 1990 levels by 2010. The 22 members reduced a total of 850,000 tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to taking half a million homes off the PG&E grid for a year.
The report finds that despite the economic downturn, 80 percent of SSV’s partners surveyed said that the economic climate would not affect investment in green initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry