Sustainable Silicon Valley Members Cut CO2 Emissions 27%
Of SSV’s 100 members, the report says that 22 have already met or exceeded SSV’s goals of cutting regional CO2 emissions to 20 percent below 1990 levels by 2010. The 22 members reduced a total of 850,000 tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to taking half a million homes off the PG&E grid for a year.
The report finds that despite the economic downturn, 80 percent of SSV’s partners surveyed said that the economic climate would not affect investment in green initiatives.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years
- Report Details Massive UK Energy Waste
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi Appliances Launch AC JV