Sustainable Silicon Valley Members Cut CO2 Emissions 27%
Of SSV’s 100 members, the report says that 22 have already met or exceeded SSV’s goals of cutting regional CO2 emissions to 20 percent below 1990 levels by 2010. The 22 members reduced a total of 850,000 tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to taking half a million homes off the PG&E grid for a year.
The report finds that despite the economic downturn, 80 percent of SSV’s partners surveyed said that the economic climate would not affect investment in green initiatives.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Technology Creates a Brighter Future for Small and Mid-Sized Commercial Solar Investments
- Incentive Program Helps Companies Afford Energy Managers
- ARPA-E Issues Grants for Solar Modules
- C-PACE Financing Innovation to Help Connecticut Green Energy Sector
- Orion Wins School District Contracts, Increases Chances for Incentives
- Study: Smartest ‘Smart Building’ Owners Come from Retail, Manufacturing, Construction
- Low Cost IoT Solutions, Data Driven Analytics to Propel Energy Mgmt Market
- A Clean Energy Future in Sight