Sustainable Silicon Valley Members Cut CO2 Emissions 27%
Of SSV’s 100 members, the report says that 22 have already met or exceeded SSV’s goals of cutting regional CO2 emissions to 20 percent below 1990 levels by 2010. The 22 members reduced a total of 850,000 tons of CO2 emissions; equivalent to taking half a million homes off the PG&E grid for a year.
The report finds that despite the economic downturn, 80 percent of SSV’s partners surveyed said that the economic climate would not affect investment in green initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Feb. 5
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency