Green-Lobbying A Red Hot Business
As green companies see opportunities in the coming economic-stimulus bill proposed by President-elect Barack Obama, they’re snatching up Washington lobbyists.
The Wall Street Journal reported that nearly 300 green companies and industry groups have signed up Washington lobbying firms to seek tax breaks, research grants, contracts and other government business during the current two-year session of Congress; an eightfold increase from the previous session.
Two trends have contributed to the growth in the green-lobbying business: increase in energy prices during the year, and concerns about climate change.
Energy Manager News
- Microgrids, Now Mainstream, Continue to Advance
- Developing Economies Increasing their Share of Renewable Capacity
- LG Chem In Big German Battery Project
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending Nov. 20
- PUCO: ‘Fixed Means Fixed’ in Retail Contracts
- FERC Requires Reports on Price Formation
- Viridian Energy Moves into Texas Market
- PUC Approves PPL’s 6.1% Rate Hike