Green-Lobbying A Red Hot Business
As green companies see opportunities in the coming economic-stimulus bill proposed by President-elect Barack Obama, they’re snatching up Washington lobbyists.
The Wall Street Journal reported that nearly 300 green companies and industry groups have signed up Washington lobbying firms to seek tax breaks, research grants, contracts and other government business during the current two-year session of Congress; an eightfold increase from the previous session.
Two trends have contributed to the growth in the green-lobbying business: increase in energy prices during the year, and concerns about climate change.
Energy Manager News
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report
- Dubuque Meeting Hears About Energy Audits
- Science-Based Targets Inspire a Smarter Investment Strategy in Retail
- Missouri Lawmakers Resume Debate on Utility Rate Hikes
- Wake Forest Drops Its Residential and C&I Electric Rates
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- New York City Study Conclusion: Benchmarking Works