Green-Lobbying A Red Hot Business
As green companies see opportunities in the coming economic-stimulus bill proposed by President-elect Barack Obama, they’re snatching up Washington lobbyists.
The Wall Street Journal reported that nearly 300 green companies and industry groups have signed up Washington lobbying firms to seek tax breaks, research grants, contracts and other government business during the current two-year session of Congress; an eightfold increase from the previous session.
Two trends have contributed to the growth in the green-lobbying business: increase in energy prices during the year, and concerns about climate change.
Energy Manager News
- 5 Reasons Clean Energy Investments Beat Expectations
- East Coast Cities are Top 3 Most Energy Efficient
- Tri-Generation System Generates Heat, Power, Hydrogen
- Lennox Expands Commercial Packaged Rooftop Units
- US Representative Wants to Extend Tax Credits for Clean Energy
- Eaton Hired at Fort Campbell
- Schneider Software Prevents Overcooling in Data Centers
- HVAC Brain Carries Siemens Commercial Room Thermostat