Ryder Introduces Medium-Duty Hybrid Truck
Ryder System Inc. has launched its RydeGreen Hybrid, a medium-duty straight truck line, which features the Navistar MaxxForce DT diesel engine and the Eaton Hybrid Electric System integrated into the International DuraStar Hybrid chassis.
The company says when traveling at low speeds, the hybrid’s electric motor supplies power to the truck, which results in reductions in fuel consumption and emissions. According to International, the truck has the potential to provide up to 30 to 40 percent improved fuel efficiency in standard in-city pick up and delivery applications; diesel emissions are also reduced when the vehicle is operating in hybrid mode on battery power.
The company was named one of the top 12 Green-IT Users by Computerworld.
Energy Manager News
- Two Studies Show the State of Energy Efficiency
- Phoenix Airport LED Project Moves Along
- Maine Businesses Shut Out of Power Program
- Stay Cool This Summer While Avoiding These Common Summer Pitfalls
- Coalition Seeks to Stop SCE&G’s Blank Check
- NARUC Releases DER Draft Rate Design Manual
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Pushing Sustainability, Efficiency with Green Leases
- The Tricky World of Portable Commercial Air Conditioners