Ryder Introduces Medium-Duty Hybrid Truck
Ryder System Inc. has launched its RydeGreen Hybrid, a medium-duty straight truck line, which features the Navistar MaxxForce DT diesel engine and the Eaton Hybrid Electric System integrated into the International DuraStar Hybrid chassis.
The company says when traveling at low speeds, the hybrid’s electric motor supplies power to the truck, which results in reductions in fuel consumption and emissions. According to International, the truck has the potential to provide up to 30 to 40 percent improved fuel efficiency in standard in-city pick up and delivery applications; diesel emissions are also reduced when the vehicle is operating in hybrid mode on battery power.
The company was named one of the top 12 Green-IT Users by Computerworld.
Energy Manager News
- Natural Gas Pipeline Congestion is Squeezing Energy Managers
- New Hampshire Raises Net Metering Cap
- NEPGA: Canadian Hydro Contracts Could Cost Consumers $777M Annually
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation