Ryder Introduces Medium-Duty Hybrid Truck
Ryder System Inc. has launched its RydeGreen Hybrid, a medium-duty straight truck line, which features the Navistar MaxxForce DT diesel engine and the Eaton Hybrid Electric System integrated into the International DuraStar Hybrid chassis.
The company says when traveling at low speeds, the hybrid’s electric motor supplies power to the truck, which results in reductions in fuel consumption and emissions. According to International, the truck has the potential to provide up to 30 to 40 percent improved fuel efficiency in standard in-city pick up and delivery applications; diesel emissions are also reduced when the vehicle is operating in hybrid mode on battery power.
The company was named one of the top 12 Green-IT Users by Computerworld.
Energy Manager News
- Driving Energy Efficiency by Improving the Owner/Tenant Relationship
- Case Study: Fast Payback in New York City
- $8M Project to Upgrade Chillicothe (OH) Correctional Institute
- Three Trends Align to Save Buildings Millions in Energy Costs
- Law Bars Energy Providers from Charging Early Termination Fees in the Event of Death
- Corporations Spend Big on Ballot Initiatives, Crushing Ratepayer Opposition
- Texas Retailer Offers Instant Rebate for Rooftop Solar, Offers High Credits for Excess Solar
- Local, State and the Federal Government Excel at Energy Efficiency