Ryder Introduces Medium-Duty Hybrid Truck
Ryder System Inc. has launched its RydeGreen Hybrid, a medium-duty straight truck line, which features the Navistar MaxxForce DT diesel engine and the Eaton Hybrid Electric System integrated into the International DuraStar Hybrid chassis.
The company says when traveling at low speeds, the hybrid’s electric motor supplies power to the truck, which results in reductions in fuel consumption and emissions. According to International, the truck has the potential to provide up to 30 to 40 percent improved fuel efficiency in standard in-city pick up and delivery applications; diesel emissions are also reduced when the vehicle is operating in hybrid mode on battery power.
The company was named one of the top 12 Green-IT Users by Computerworld.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes