Ryder Introduces Medium-Duty Hybrid Truck
Ryder System Inc. has launched its RydeGreen Hybrid, a medium-duty straight truck line, which features the Navistar MaxxForce DT diesel engine and the Eaton Hybrid Electric System integrated into the International DuraStar Hybrid chassis.
The company says when traveling at low speeds, the hybrid’s electric motor supplies power to the truck, which results in reductions in fuel consumption and emissions. According to International, the truck has the potential to provide up to 30 to 40 percent improved fuel efficiency in standard in-city pick up and delivery applications; diesel emissions are also reduced when the vehicle is operating in hybrid mode on battery power.
The company was named one of the top 12 Green-IT Users by Computerworld.
Energy Manager News
- At QER Roundtable, EPSA Recommends Competitive Pricing Improvements
- EPA Undeterred by Supreme Court’s Delay of Clean Power Plan
- Lux: Google, Amazon Emissions Claims Inaccurate
- FIU Again Tops in Energy Efficiency
- Invenergy Selling Wind Power to 3M
- U.S. House Subcommittee Reviews Kennedy’s Fair RATES Act
- Nevada PAC Seeks Entry into State for Retail Energy Suppliers
- Using Big Data to Help Solve the Big Building Energy Problem