Green IT Will Weather Recession
The slowing economy will not derail efforts to make IT operations more efficient and less environmentally harmful, according to “Market Overview: A Slowing Economy Won’t Slow Down Corporate Green IT Initiatives,” new research Forrester, ZDNet, CNET and earth2tech report.Thirty-eight percent of survey respondents said they would maintain the pace of their green IT initiatives and 10 percent said they would accelerate their green IT plans. While 47 percent aren’t sure what will happen yet, only five percent said for sure that green IT initiatives would slow down.
According to Forrester, of responding companies that are changing the pace of their green IT activities in response to the economic outlook, those going faster outnumber those slowing down by 2 to 1. So the central value of green IT programs — greener IT also means saving money — is taking hold among corporate IT practitioners.
Energy Manager News
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales
- Minnesota Commerce Department Challenges Otter Tail Power Rate Hike
- An Interesting Summer for PACE
- AAMA Offers Fenestration Course