NY Publishes Preliminary Guide for State’s Green Purchasing
New York has published the preliminary guidelines for eco-friendly state purchasing.
The purchasing guidelines are part of the state’s green procurement processes which are intended to boost energy efficiency and reduce air and water pollution, while helping public agencies make smart buying decisions. The specifications will help guide purchases of numerous commodities and services, including computers, copiers, printers, electronic signs, dishwashers and engine block heaters.
The committee has tentatively approved 18 new specifications that are currently available for public review. In addition, the committee has finalized four procurement specifications, covering passenger cars, engine block heaters, and desktop and laptop computers.
In August, New York’s Environmental Board approved regulations to enact a regional cap and trade program aimed at reducing GHG emissions from power plants.
Energy Manager News
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes
- Florida Supreme Court Puts Kibosh on FPL Fracking Charge
- Restaurant Supply Company Bakes Energy Efficiency into New Facility