NY Publishes Preliminary Guide for State’s Green Purchasing
New York has published the preliminary guidelines for eco-friendly state purchasing.
The purchasing guidelines are part of the state’s green procurement processes which are intended to boost energy efficiency and reduce air and water pollution, while helping public agencies make smart buying decisions. The specifications will help guide purchases of numerous commodities and services, including computers, copiers, printers, electronic signs, dishwashers and engine block heaters.
The committee has tentatively approved 18 new specifications that are currently available for public review. In addition, the committee has finalized four procurement specifications, covering passenger cars, engine block heaters, and desktop and laptop computers.
In August, New York’s Environmental Board approved regulations to enact a regional cap and trade program aimed at reducing GHG emissions from power plants.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution