NY Publishes Preliminary Guide for State’s Green Purchasing
New York has published the preliminary guidelines for eco-friendly state purchasing.
The purchasing guidelines are part of the state’s green procurement processes which are intended to boost energy efficiency and reduce air and water pollution, while helping public agencies make smart buying decisions. The specifications will help guide purchases of numerous commodities and services, including computers, copiers, printers, electronic signs, dishwashers and engine block heaters.
The committee has tentatively approved 18 new specifications that are currently available for public review. In addition, the committee has finalized four procurement specifications, covering passenger cars, engine block heaters, and desktop and laptop computers.
In August, New York’s Environmental Board approved regulations to enact a regional cap and trade program aimed at reducing GHG emissions from power plants.
Energy Manager News
- Senators National Energy Policy Vision Leads to a Hopeful Future
- Google Builds Data Center on Site of Old Coal Plant
- EPA Honors 3 Facilities for Combined Heat and Power
- Cheese Factory Installs Anaerobic Digestion
- Certification Program Established for Green Button Standard
- Diesel Genset Market to Reach $68B by 2024, Navigant Says
- Emulsion Mist Collectors Designed for Heavy Industry
- IKEA Plugs In Fuel Cells at California Store