NY Publishes Preliminary Guide for State’s Green Purchasing
New York has published the preliminary guidelines for eco-friendly state purchasing.
The purchasing guidelines are part of the state’s green procurement processes which are intended to boost energy efficiency and reduce air and water pollution, while helping public agencies make smart buying decisions. The specifications will help guide purchases of numerous commodities and services, including computers, copiers, printers, electronic signs, dishwashers and engine block heaters.
The committee has tentatively approved 18 new specifications that are currently available for public review. In addition, the committee has finalized four procurement specifications, covering passenger cars, engine block heaters, and desktop and laptop computers.
In August, New York’s Environmental Board approved regulations to enact a regional cap and trade program aimed at reducing GHG emissions from power plants.
Energy Manager News
- The New Utility Bill Cheat Sheet
- Not So Fast: Energy Benchmarking in Kansas City
- Home Depot Sells Philips 60-W LED Equivalent for $4.97
- Shared Solar Could Significantly Expand Solar PV Market
- Barriers Exist to Demand Response in US
- Berkeley Lab, NTU Singapore Collaborate for Energy Technologies
- Wastewater Agency Implements Submetering, Joins Better Plants Challenge
- LEDs Light Frank Lloyd Wright’s Taliesin West