EPEAT Partners With EcoLogo
EPEAT, the environmental ratings system for computers, and EcoLogo, an environmental standard setting and certification body, have agreed to partner so that electronics manufacturers who want to register products in the EPEAT registry can do so through either EcoLogo or EPEAT (PDF).
The EPEAT system evaluates electronic products according to three tiers of environmental performance: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each EPEAT registered desktop, laptop or monitor complies with 23 required environmental performance criteria.
In October, the Consumer Electronics Association released a report that revealed that the electronic industry is adopting sustainable practices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations
- ASHRAE Proposes “Backbone” for Building Rating Programs
- Greenskies Enlarges Wesleyan University’s Microgrid