EPEAT Partners With EcoLogo
EPEAT, the environmental ratings system for computers, and EcoLogo, an environmental standard setting and certification body, have agreed to partner so that electronics manufacturers who want to register products in the EPEAT registry can do so through either EcoLogo or EPEAT (PDF).
The EPEAT system evaluates electronic products according to three tiers of environmental performance: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each EPEAT registered desktop, laptop or monitor complies with 23 required environmental performance criteria.
In October, the Consumer Electronics Association released a report that revealed that the electronic industry is adopting sustainable practices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland