EPEAT Partners With EcoLogo
EPEAT, the environmental ratings system for computers, and EcoLogo, an environmental standard setting and certification body, have agreed to partner so that electronics manufacturers who want to register products in the EPEAT registry can do so through either EcoLogo or EPEAT (PDF).
The EPEAT system evaluates electronic products according to three tiers of environmental performance: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each EPEAT registered desktop, laptop or monitor complies with 23 required environmental performance criteria.
In October, the Consumer Electronics Association released a report that revealed that the electronic industry is adopting sustainable practices.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls