EPEAT Partners With EcoLogo
EPEAT, the environmental ratings system for computers, and EcoLogo, an environmental standard setting and certification body, have agreed to partner so that electronics manufacturers who want to register products in the EPEAT registry can do so through either EcoLogo or EPEAT (PDF).
The EPEAT system evaluates electronic products according to three tiers of environmental performance: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each EPEAT registered desktop, laptop or monitor complies with 23 required environmental performance criteria.
In October, the Consumer Electronics Association released a report that revealed that the electronic industry is adopting sustainable practices.
Energy Manager News
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners
- ZTE, Tancent Develop Modular Data Center
- First Quarter 2016: Green Energy Growing Faster than Natural Gas
- Delmarva Power Asks for Over $80M in Electric and Gas Base Rate Hikes