EPEAT Partners With EcoLogo
EPEAT, the environmental ratings system for computers, and EcoLogo, an environmental standard setting and certification body, have agreed to partner so that electronics manufacturers who want to register products in the EPEAT registry can do so through either EcoLogo or EPEAT (PDF).
The EPEAT system evaluates electronic products according to three tiers of environmental performance: Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each EPEAT registered desktop, laptop or monitor complies with 23 required environmental performance criteria.
In October, the Consumer Electronics Association released a report that revealed that the electronic industry is adopting sustainable practices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years