Ponzi Scheme Leads to Demise of Major Sustainable-Food Foundations
Two major sustainable-food foundations have collapsed because the funds of one of its major donors was managed by Bernard Madoff, who has been accused of defrauding his clients of billions of dollars, Grist reports.
The Fair Food Foundation has suspended its operations because the wealth of its donors, Jeanne and Kenneth Levy-Church, has evaporated in Madoff’s Ponzi scheme according to Grist.
JHET Foundation has also collapsed because it also relied on donations from the Levy-Churches.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- General Mills: We’ll Invest $100M to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Oregon Correctional Institution Saves with LEDs
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending August 28
- Columbus Energy Challenge Falling Short
- Building on Alaskan Campus Gets LEED Certification
- BT Group Launches Division to Help Property Owners
- Price of Renewables Approaching Fossil Fuels, Nuclear
- The Use of Renewables in Mining Operations