Ponzi Scheme Leads to Demise of Major Sustainable-Food Foundations
Two major sustainable-food foundations have collapsed because the funds of one of its major donors was managed by Bernard Madoff, who has been accused of defrauding his clients of billions of dollars, Grist reports.
The Fair Food Foundation has suspended its operations because the wealth of its donors, Jeanne and Kenneth Levy-Church, has evaporated in Madoff’s Ponzi scheme according to Grist.
JHET Foundation has also collapsed because it also relied on donations from the Levy-Churches.
Energy Manager News
- Duke Energy SC Customers Have Reaped $5M in Solar Rebates Since Last October
- BidEnergy to Launch Its ‘Source-to-Pay’ Process for Energy in U.S. Market
- Garden State Residential, Commercial Customers Will Pay Less for Gas This Winter
- Better Buildings, Better Plants: 12 Success Stories
- CA Governor Signs Bill Clarifying PACE Disclosures
- CA School District to Get 73% of Energy From Solar Carports
- Two Critical Questions to Ask Yourself About Your Current Energy Contract
- Pepco and Exelon Say Customers Have Benefitted$440 Million Since Merger