Ponzi Scheme Leads to Demise of Major Sustainable-Food Foundations
Two major sustainable-food foundations have collapsed because the funds of one of its major donors was managed by Bernard Madoff, who has been accused of defrauding his clients of billions of dollars, Grist reports.
The Fair Food Foundation has suspended its operations because the wealth of its donors, Jeanne and Kenneth Levy-Church, has evaporated in Madoff’s Ponzi scheme according to Grist.
JHET Foundation has also collapsed because it also relied on donations from the Levy-Churches.
Energy Manager News
- LEED v4 is Ready to Take Center Stage
- Honeywell Upgrading Energy, Water Systems at The University of Mount Olive
- Three Boston Area Organizations Jointly Buying Solar Energy
- Insider ‘Outs’ Misleading Strategy Behind Florida’s Solar Amendment 1
- Mississippi Watchdog: Kemper Syngas Operations Could Raise Costs by 288%
- Waste-to-Energy Shows Growth in New Jersey, Maine and Florida
- Zen Ecosystems Introduces Zen HQ
- Flywheel Platform Introduced by GE