Ponzi Scheme Leads to Demise of Major Sustainable-Food Foundations
Two major sustainable-food foundations have collapsed because the funds of one of its major donors was managed by Bernard Madoff, who has been accused of defrauding his clients of billions of dollars, Grist reports.
The Fair Food Foundation has suspended its operations because the wealth of its donors, Jeanne and Kenneth Levy-Church, has evaporated in Madoff’s Ponzi scheme according to Grist.
JHET Foundation has also collapsed because it also relied on donations from the Levy-Churches.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System
- Courthouse Replaces Oversized Boiler
- Indoor Farming Company Works on HVAC with PUE 1.0
- Toolkits Designed to Help Health Care Facilities Reduce Energy
- San Antonio Macyâ€™s Store Showcases Better Buildings Challenge Measures
- Natural Gas Gensets to Reach 27 GW of Installed Capacity by 2024
- Larson Releases a Solar Powered Generator with Manual Crank Mast
- Energy Efficiency in Food Service Businesses