Chipotle Introduces Green Cutlery
Chipotle Mexican Grill is starting to introduce sustainable cutlery in its Millbrae, Calif. restaurant and is planning a system-wide rollout to its 800 other locations in the near future.
Marketing Daily writes that “given that cities nationwide are instituting sustainability initiatives, it’s likely that many other restaurants will soon be doing the same.”
The company signed an agreement with HAVI/Peresco, which will use sustainable plastics from Cereplast Inc. to supply the chain with environmentally-friendly cutlery.
In October, the company opened a “green” restaurant in Gurnee, IL, which features a six-kilowatt wind turbine on-site to generate about 10 percent of the restaurant’s electrical needs.
Energy Manager News
- Clauses to Consider in Green Leases
- Bahama Yacht Club to Generate Power from Solid Waste
- Duke Energy, USF Launch Solar Battery Research Initiative
- Energy Storage Helps Hotel Reduce Demand Charges by 10%
- EU Smart Campus Pilot Achieves 30% Energy Savings
- Uline to Operate 130 GenDrive Fuel Cell Units from Plug Power
- Los Angeles Shopping Center Installs 504 kW Solar
- SustainCo Wins $575,000 Contract for Energy Management Controls