Chipotle Introduces Green Cutlery
Chipotle Mexican Grill is starting to introduce sustainable cutlery in its Millbrae, Calif. restaurant and is planning a system-wide rollout to its 800 other locations in the near future.
Marketing Daily writes that “given that cities nationwide are instituting sustainability initiatives, it’s likely that many other restaurants will soon be doing the same.”
The company signed an agreement with HAVI/Peresco, which will use sustainable plastics from Cereplast Inc. to supply the chain with environmentally-friendly cutlery.
In October, the company opened a “green” restaurant in Gurnee, IL, which features a six-kilowatt wind turbine on-site to generate about 10 percent of the restaurant’s electrical needs.
Energy Manager News
- Tesla’s Battery Storage Device Put to Use. Time to Exhale?
- Variable Speed Drives are a Powerful Efficiency Tool
- Veolia Checks Into the UK’s Tallest Hotel
- Massachusetts Aims for Critical Care Resiliency
- State of Michigan and MISO Propose Retail Capacity Charge
- Breaking the Ice with Thermal Energy Storage
- Ameresco to Upgrade Federal Prison in Butner, NC
- Alpen Introduces Window Package Rated at R10 Insulation