Chipotle Introduces Green Cutlery
Chipotle Mexican Grill is starting to introduce sustainable cutlery in its Millbrae, Calif. restaurant and is planning a system-wide rollout to its 800 other locations in the near future.
Marketing Daily writes that “given that cities nationwide are instituting sustainability initiatives, it’s likely that many other restaurants will soon be doing the same.”
The company signed an agreement with HAVI/Peresco, which will use sustainable plastics from Cereplast Inc. to supply the chain with environmentally-friendly cutlery.
In October, the company opened a “green” restaurant in Gurnee, IL, which features a six-kilowatt wind turbine on-site to generate about 10 percent of the restaurant’s electrical needs.
Energy Manager News
- LED Projects Must Be Carefully Planned
- Energy Managers Buoyed By Supreme Court’s Demand Response Decision
- Dover, N.H., Saves More Than Projected Under EPC
- Datacenters Underestimating Coal Use
- Transmission Upgrades Give SPP a $240M ‘Bang for the Buck’
- Data Analytics Deepens its Hold on Facilities
- Global Plate and Frame Heat Exchanger Market Growing
- Duke Energy Renewables, Lockheed Martin Sign PPA