Chipotle Introduces Green Cutlery
Chipotle Mexican Grill is starting to introduce sustainable cutlery in its Millbrae, Calif. restaurant and is planning a system-wide rollout to its 800 other locations in the near future.
Marketing Daily writes that “given that cities nationwide are instituting sustainability initiatives, it’s likely that many other restaurants will soon be doing the same.”
The company signed an agreement with HAVI/Peresco, which will use sustainable plastics from Cereplast Inc. to supply the chain with environmentally-friendly cutlery.
In October, the company opened a “green” restaurant in Gurnee, IL, which features a six-kilowatt wind turbine on-site to generate about 10 percent of the restaurant’s electrical needs.
Energy Manager News
- Efficiency Project Complete in Meriden, CT
- BuildingIQ Makes 2 Moves
- Constellation Acquiring Retail Electricity, Natural Gas Businesses from ConEdison Solutions
- Peninsula Clean Energy Authority Chooses Direct Energy as Supplier
- Energy Efficiency is Growing on Farms
- DC Pushes Renewables
- Stockton Tabs Ygrene for PACE Financing
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: July 22, 2016