Chipotle Introduces Green Cutlery
Chipotle Mexican Grill is starting to introduce sustainable cutlery in its Millbrae, Calif. restaurant and is planning a system-wide rollout to its 800 other locations in the near future.
Marketing Daily writes that “given that cities nationwide are instituting sustainability initiatives, it’s likely that many other restaurants will soon be doing the same.”
The company signed an agreement with HAVI/Peresco, which will use sustainable plastics from Cereplast Inc. to supply the chain with environmentally-friendly cutlery.
In October, the company opened a “green” restaurant in Gurnee, IL, which features a six-kilowatt wind turbine on-site to generate about 10 percent of the restaurant’s electrical needs.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend