Bombardier Meets 5-Yr Reduction Targets
Bombardier Inc. released its first company-wide corporate responsibility report (pdf), announcing that it has achieved five-year reduction targets set in 2003 for water and energy consumption and is on track to meet its 15 percent reduction target for greenhouse gas emissions.
The Canada-based company makes transportation equipment (e.g., commercial aircraft, rail transportation equipment) and had $17.5 billion in revenue in the fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2008.
In the aerospace segment, Bombardier has sustainable products such as the Q400 NextGen turboprop and CRJ NextGen regional jet, and is developing the CSeries, all of which have higher fuel-efficiency, lower emissions, and reduced noise levels.
Bombardier noted in the report that its environmental solutions – which range from planning energy efficiency of new transportation systems to optimizing the energy consumption of an existing fleet – can create an overall energy savings of up to 50 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution