Bombardier Meets 5-Yr Reduction Targets
Bombardier Inc. released its first company-wide corporate responsibility report (pdf), announcing that it has achieved five-year reduction targets set in 2003 for water and energy consumption and is on track to meet its 15 percent reduction target for greenhouse gas emissions.
The Canada-based company makes transportation equipment (e.g., commercial aircraft, rail transportation equipment) and had $17.5 billion in revenue in the fiscal year ended Jan. 31, 2008.
In the aerospace segment, Bombardier has sustainable products such as the Q400 NextGen turboprop and CRJ NextGen regional jet, and is developing the CSeries, all of which have higher fuel-efficiency, lower emissions, and reduced noise levels.
Bombardier noted in the report that its environmental solutions – which range from planning energy efficiency of new transportation systems to optimizing the energy consumption of an existing fleet – can create an overall energy savings of up to 50 percent.
Energy Manager News
- Big Island Utility Hits 5-MW Cap on Customer-Operator Rooftop Solar Credits
- Benton PUD Announces 5% Rate Hike
- Behind the Meter Podcast: Keys to Energy Efficient Air Filtration
- Tracking the Exciting World of Solar Energy Research
- Colorado Mixing Solar, Weatherization
- Lighting Sector: 4% CAGR Through 2020
- ERC Price Benchmark Trends Week Ending: August 19, 2016
- New Hampshire Town Resists Door-to-Door Sales