Well Fargo Passes $3 Billion Mark in Environmental Financing
Other projects supported by Well Fargo investments are in renewable energy ($700 million) which combined are expected to generate enough clean energy to power nearly a half million households.
About $500 million went to green businesses – that is, those that have made environmental sustainability a key part of their missions, focusing on renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable agriculture and forestry, and resource management.
Wells Fargo also committed $50 million to nonprofit organizations that improve the environment in low- to moderate-income communities. See Wells Fargo’s progress report for details on how the $622-billion company supports environmental markets.
The original goal was to provide $1 billion in environmental financing – a mark that the company has now passed, two years ahead of schedule. The lending target was part of a larger, 10-point environmental commitment.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Singapore Commercial Building Energy Use Slows
- Enterprise, Alabama, Gradually Upgrading School Energy
- Meter Analytics Firm Aquicore Gets Seed Money
- The NHL Gets an Assist on Arena LED Deployment
- Energy Storage Sector Booming
- 2015 Solar Gen Is 31 Times Higher Than 2005
- Aspen Now 100% Powered by Renewable Resources
- Energy Efficiency: Building Owners Increasingly “Get It”