Well Fargo Passes $3 Billion Mark in Environmental Financing
Other projects supported by Well Fargo investments are in renewable energy ($700 million) which combined are expected to generate enough clean energy to power nearly a half million households.
About $500 million went to green businesses – that is, those that have made environmental sustainability a key part of their missions, focusing on renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable agriculture and forestry, and resource management.
Wells Fargo also committed $50 million to nonprofit organizations that improve the environment in low- to moderate-income communities. See Wells Fargo’s progress report for details on how the $622-billion company supports environmental markets.
The original goal was to provide $1 billion in environmental financing – a mark that the company has now passed, two years ahead of schedule. The lending target was part of a larger, 10-point environmental commitment.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Portland Likely to Require Energy Benchmarking
- Using Building Energy Management for Factories
- New Energy System Will Save Stanford $420M
- Tire Plant Earns Superior Energy Performance Gold Certification
- Acuity Brands Acquires Indoor Location Software Company
- NJ School District Hires Honeywell for Energy Upgrades
- CODA Energy 50 kWh Storage Tower Achieves UL Certification
- Con Edison Development Procures GE Energy Storage System