Leonardo Academy To Develop Sustainability Standard for Gaming Industry
Leonardo Academy has teamed up with EGM Green to develop a sustainability standard for the gaming industry, under the rules of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), CSRwire reports.
The academy says the goal of this initiative is to help the gaming industry identify and communicate the sustainability parameters of their products and services and allow industry purchasers to identify their sustainability preferences when purchasing gaming equipment and services.
In January 2009, Leonardo Academy says it will launch an outreach campaign inviting individuals and organizations along the entire gaming industry supply chain to apply to serve on the standard development committee for this project.
The standard development committee will be charged with developing a framework and common set of sustainability metrics to assess the environmental, social, and economic performance of the gaming industry, which includes gaming products and services, as well as the operations of the gaming companies and organizations themselves.
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables