Product Stewardship Policy Gains Support
The Joint Framework Principles aims to guide local, state and federal policy makers in developing comprehensive product stewardship legislation. Product stewardship is based on the idea that producers should take primary responsibility for the environmental impacts of products they design, manufacture and market.
The Joint Framework Principles were developed independently by the California Product Stewardship Council and the NWPSC. The Product Policy Institute, which advocates sustainable production and consumption policies and governance, coordinated harmonizing the two sets of principles into one document.
Energy Manager News
- Smart Windows are a Smart Idea
- Behind the Meter Podcast: The Telecommunications Industry Addresses Energy Challenges
- Ambitious Goals for The Boulder Valley SD
- Philips, Cisco, Alliander Bringing Smart Lighting to Amsterdam
- TCAP to Negotiate Five-Year Electric Rates for Sherman, Texas
- Quality Power, Not Just Power, Should be the Goal
- Siemens Unveils Microgrid-as-a-Service Platform
- 18 Buildings Going Solar in D.C.