Product Stewardship Policy Gains Support
The Joint Framework Principles aims to guide local, state and federal policy makers in developing comprehensive product stewardship legislation. Product stewardship is based on the idea that producers should take primary responsibility for the environmental impacts of products they design, manufacture and market.
The Joint Framework Principles were developed independently by the California Product Stewardship Council and the NWPSC. The Product Policy Institute, which advocates sustainable production and consumption policies and governance, coordinated harmonizing the two sets of principles into one document.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending September 24
- Research Makes Gains on Combined Energy Systems, Heat Exchangers
- School Projects in MA, CO
- Pattern Energy Completes 200 MW Loganâs Gap Wind Facility in Texas
- Marine Corps Upgrading 37 Buildings at Camp Lejeune, N.C.
- Photovoltaic Projects in TN, CT
- California Pushing Solar to Economically Disadvantaged Communities
- QM Power Introduces Efficient Motor