Product Stewardship Policy Gains Support
The Joint Framework Principles aims to guide local, state and federal policy makers in developing comprehensive product stewardship legislation. Product stewardship is based on the idea that producers should take primary responsibility for the environmental impacts of products they design, manufacture and market.
The Joint Framework Principles were developed independently by the California Product Stewardship Council and the NWPSC. The Product Policy Institute, which advocates sustainable production and consumption policies and governance, coordinated harmonizing the two sets of principles into one document.
Energy Manager News
- Building a Better Turbine
- Oracle and Opower to Team Up to Make Big Data Even Bigger
- Navigant: Big Growth Ahead for BMSes
- Water, Energy Steps Being Taken at 2 KY Correctional Facilities
- Western EIM Benefits Are Up to Nearly $65M with NV Energy Participation
- FirstEnergy Ohio Seeks Changes to Rate Plan to Ensure Price Stability for Customers
- Utility Data Aggregation: How to Take the Best Approach
- Making the IoT Work for Building Managers