Product Stewardship Policy Gains Support
The Joint Framework Principles aims to guide local, state and federal policy makers in developing comprehensive product stewardship legislation. Product stewardship is based on the idea that producers should take primary responsibility for the environmental impacts of products they design, manufacture and market.
The Joint Framework Principles were developed independently by the California Product Stewardship Council and the NWPSC. The Product Policy Institute, which advocates sustainable production and consumption policies and governance, coordinated harmonizing the two sets of principles into one document.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Bridgewater, MA, Gets $231,000 Efficiency Grant
- Biomass Group Studies Role in Clean Power Plan
- Rockleigh Borough Installing LEDs, Low Energy AC
- PHG to Build Big Gasification Plant for Sevier Solid Waste
- Energy Profile of Commercial Buildings Changing
- Smart Meter Market Surging
- Modular Data Centers Cut Construction Costs
- Failure to Build Energy Infrastructure Could Cost New England $5.4B