Add Sustainability Considerations To Your HR Policy
At Integrated Archive Systems Inc., Amy Rao, the company’s founder and CEO, grants each of her 63 employees $10,000 to purchase a hybrid car. Rao considers the program as much a human resources policy as an environmental initiative, U.S. News reports.
Rao also gives free reusable grocery bags to clients or employees and provides free in-office lunch daily so her employees doesn’t have to drive to eat.
Jeana Wirtenberg, a director at the Institute for Sustainable Enterprise at Fairleigh Dickinson University, says greening a company also helps human resources. “First of all, you’ll recruit and retain better. Second, you’ll have people who are more engaged and productive.”
But Wirtenberg warns of the perils of greenwashing. She says, acting green when you really aren’t can do more harm than good.
Energy Manager News
- ERC: Electricity Price Trends for the Week Ending May 22
- Future Is Bright for Solar at Stanford
- Noresco Named Qualified Energy Performance Contractor in New Mexico
- Home Depot Sells Cree LED Flood Light for $9.97
- Professional Laundering Facility Installs Cogeneration
- PowerWise Offers Web Controls for Mini-Split Heat Pumps
- DOE Spends $32M to Boost Solar Workforce Training, Technology Innovation
- Trane Partners with Telkonet for Hotel Industry