Myriad Of Industries Can Benefit From Green Tech
Prioritizing green technologies is a difficult challenge. Boston Herald offers some advice for manufactures, retailers, energy providers and financial institutions with respect to their sustainability initiatives.
Consider sustainability across choice of material, sourcing, resource consumption, emissions, and product-life cycle management. Manufacturers should focus on IT resources that can support a sustainability program.
Financial benefits can be achieved by identifying the most efficient utilization of IT resources and near-term opportunities for cost reduction. POS system management, automated power control management and alternative energy usage can all help stores become more energy efficient.
Start by understanding the source of the company’s carbon footprint and use it to set a baseline to measure reduction progress. Role-based access to data, analytic tools and dashboards to help employees achieve corporate carbon management goals are a must.
Should assess the impact of green products or investments and make it an internally driven effort to move an institution towards a more sustainable and profitable condition. Institutions should also consider how their key suppliers contribute to the effectiveness of its green initiatives.
Energy Manager News
- Making Solar Inverters Smarter
- Unlocking the Power of Building Data
- Lockheed Martin Installs the GridStar Storage System at Syracuse Facility
- Schneider Electric Unveils Continuous Efficiency
- Avista Lauds ‘Fair’ Settlement in Idaho Rate Case
- BGE’s SEED Program Offers Energy Discounts to 19 Commercial Customers
- Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
- Dissecting the Data Revolution