Newton’s Eco-Friendly Packaging a Snug Fit
Boulder-based Newton Running has found an alternative to traditional printed cardboard shoe boxes.
With help from TDA Advertising and Design, the company designed a new way to package their product – running shoes – in a molded carton made of 100% post consumer recycled material. (Image via The Dieline.)
Because the shape of the carton fits closely to the shape of the shoe, there is no need for tissue paper. And rather than stuff paper inside of the shoes to help them retain their shape, Newton includes a pair of socks and a reusable shoe bag – one in each shoe, PSFK explains.
Other shoe retailers making effort to be more sustainable include Nike, which released a basketball shoe ade from manufacturing waste in Feb. ’08, and Adidas, which claimed in March that it is using natural resources more efficiently to produce and package its products.
On the other end of the spectrum, FinishLine.com was recently exposed by a blogger for its ludicrous shipping practices.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Tesla Becoming a Major Player in the Energy Storage Market
- Federal Agencies Must Use eProject Builder for All ESPC Projects
- Refrigeration Battery Works as Energy Storage
- 400 kW Fuel Cell System Powers Comcast Facility
- City Picks UtilityTRX for Utility Bill Management
- FridgeWize Unveils HVAC EC Motors
- Aztec AMC Modular HVAC system Reduces Data Center Cooling Costs
- Verismic Does Remote PC Power Management