Newton’s Eco-Friendly Packaging a Snug Fit
Boulder-based Newton Running has found an alternative to traditional printed cardboard shoe boxes.
With help from TDA Advertising and Design, the company designed a new way to package their product – running shoes – in a molded carton made of 100% post consumer recycled material. (Image via The Dieline.)
Because the shape of the carton fits closely to the shape of the shoe, there is no need for tissue paper. And rather than stuff paper inside of the shoes to help them retain their shape, Newton includes a pair of socks and a reusable shoe bag – one in each shoe, PSFK explains.
Other shoe retailers making effort to be more sustainable include Nike, which released a basketball shoe ade from manufacturing waste in Feb. ’08, and Adidas, which claimed in March that it is using natural resources more efficiently to produce and package its products.
On the other end of the spectrum, FinishLine.com was recently exposed by a blogger for its ludicrous shipping practices.
Energy Manager News
- Energy Efficiency and Waste Disposal Grow Closer
- Worcester School Gets Grant to Complete LED Retrofit
- Cree Recalls Lamps
- Submissions Now Accepted for Energy Manager Today Awards
- Atlantic City Electric Rate Increase Settled; PowerAhead Funding Deferred to Phase II
- TVA Reduces Budget Requirements and Continues Investing in Cleaner Power
- Commercial Refrigeration Benefits from Efficiency and Environmental Efforts
- TechNavio Releases Commercial AC Report