Motorola & T-Mobile to Release ‘Green’ Phone in ’09
In February Motorola and T-Mobile will be offering the MOTO W233 Renew, a cell phone designed to reduce environmental impact by being produced and packaged with sustainable materials.
The leaked photo of the device (via IntoMobile) shows the green model, which some speculate may be the only option.
Features of the W233 are likely to be similar to those the previous generation model, the W231: MicroSD card support, FM radio with RDS, an MP3 player, and other solid basic features.
Users on TMo News, however, were critical of the phone, saying that consumers don’t need another entry level model – and a poorly designed one at that. Rather, they are looking for full-featured smartphones with 3G, wi-fi, full browsers, email, I.M. and at least a 3.2 MP camera.
They also noted that “while it is good to care about the environment, its impossible to make a phone that has NO impact on the earth.”
Energy Manager News
- Turning Data into Knowledge–and Action
- STULZ, CoolIT Enter Data Center Cooling Pact
- Smart Grid Partnership Announced in Europe
- Wisconsin Power & Light Files for Higher Residential Base Rates, Lower Commercial Rates
- NMPRC Orders Extension in PNM Rate Case
- US Military Taking No Risks by Going Green, Saving Lives and Energy
- Affordable Housing Pushes Energy Efficiency
- Controlling Air Conditioners