Motorola & T-Mobile to Release ‘Green’ Phone in ’09
In February Motorola and T-Mobile will be offering the MOTO W233 Renew, a cell phone designed to reduce environmental impact by being produced and packaged with sustainable materials.
The leaked photo of the device (via IntoMobile) shows the green model, which some speculate may be the only option.
Features of the W233 are likely to be similar to those the previous generation model, the W231: MicroSD card support, FM radio with RDS, an MP3 player, and other solid basic features.
Users on TMo News, however, were critical of the phone, saying that consumers don’t need another entry level model – and a poorly designed one at that. Rather, they are looking for full-featured smartphones with 3G, wi-fi, full browsers, email, I.M. and at least a 3.2 MP camera.
They also noted that “while it is good to care about the environment, its impossible to make a phone that has NO impact on the earth.”
Energy Manager News
- Digging Deep to Cure HVAC Inefficiency
- Technavio: Global Data Center Liquid Cooling Market Growing
- GE Shreveport Plant Finishes First Stage of Retrofit
- Entergy Arkansas Reaches Rate Settlement
- EMEX Named TEPA Aggregator/Broker/Consultant of the Year
- Switching to LEDs Without Leaving the Past Behind
- McKinstry Replacing 6,200 Lights with LEDs in Henderson, NV
- USDA Investing More than $300M in Efficiency, Renewables