Chicago FBI Building Earns LEED Platinum Certification
Chicago’s Federal Bureau of Investigation facility has received the LEED’s Platinum Certification for Energy & Environmental Design for Existing Buildings (EBOM).
The facility is being touted as the first Platinum recipient in the world under the USGBC’s LEED EBOM and as one of only sixteen LEED EB Platinum projects in the world.
Property Management utilized USAA Real Estate Company’s sustainability platform which allowed the facility to achieve its goal of reducing carbon emission and lowering operating costs while enhancing property value.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Passive-House High-Rise to be Airtight
- Greensmith Offers ‘Second Opinion’ on Energy Storage Systems
- Commercial Tankless Water Heater Handles the Demands of Business
- Booz Allen, Siemens, Power Analytics Score 16 Microgrid Projects
- NH City to Save $500,000 Annually with LED Streetlights
- Australian College Uses Energy Storage
- LED Boosts Light Output 50%, Uses Existing Drivers
- Energesco Wins Energy Efficiency Contracts for Multifamily Buildings in Maryland