Natural Marketing Institute Reveals Consumer Trends For 2009
Natural Marketing Institute released its annual trends based on results of various NMI research sources.
The institute found that among consumers there will be a growing interest in company supply chains asconsumers are take a closer and more informed look at the underlying causes of health and sustainability.
Consumers are also beginning to make long-term changes to their lifestyle, setting realistic and tangible goals instead of sporadic and short-lived initiatives. There is also growing interest in eco-tourism, slow cooking and experiential consumption in an effort to be in the moment.
In addition, consumers have expressed a growing desire to eliminate anything toxic from their lives and are seeking to control things that are within their sphere of influence.
More data from NMI can be found here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Energy Storage in the Fast Lane
- Alberta Firm Aims for Energy Neutral Egg Laying Barn
- The Department of Energy Seeks to Improve the Better Buildings Challenge
- Behind the Meter: The Many Advantages of Energy Benchmarking
- Telecommunications Companies Upgrade Their Approaches to Energy
- Cutting Energy Use in Fire Stations
- Revolution Lighting Signs School Districts in NY, NJ
- Green Building Boom Is Pumping Billions into US Economy, Retrofits Are Fueling the Trend