Natural Marketing Institute Reveals Consumer Trends For 2009
Natural Marketing Institute released its annual trends based on results of various NMI research sources.
The institute found that among consumers there will be a growing interest in company supply chains asconsumers are take a closer and more informed look at the underlying causes of health and sustainability.
Consumers are also beginning to make long-term changes to their lifestyle, setting realistic and tangible goals instead of sporadic and short-lived initiatives. There is also growing interest in eco-tourism, slow cooking and experiential consumption in an effort to be in the moment.
In addition, consumers have expressed a growing desire to eliminate anything toxic from their lives and are seeking to control things that are within their sphere of influence.
More data from NMI can be found here.
Stay Up-to-Date On Environmental Management, Energy & Sustainability News with EL's Free Daily Newsletter
Energy Manager News
- Embracing New Tech Is Key to Greater Energy Savings, Say Experts
- SolarCity: We Have the World’s Most Efficient Rooftop Solar Panel
- Bridgestone Arena in Nashville Switches to LEDs
- Helping Building Automation Grow
- Municipalities Could Combine Small Cell and LED Upgrades
- Holistic Approach to Energy Savings in Dublin, Ohio Schools
- NYC One Step Closer to Net-Zero Energy Goal at Wastewater Treatment Plants
- ‘Better Buildings, Better Plants’ Saves $2.4B Over Five Years